AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £54.3 billion and more than 282,000 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre.
Purpose of the role
To support the IT Risk & Security Manager in managing and reporting the Information Security Risks faced by Technology Services (TS) in delivering AJ Bell's systems and services. Key to the this is maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data that resides upon those systems.
What does the job involve?
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Implementing changes / fixes to address security vulnerabilities identified (e.g. during security scans, penetration tests etc.)
- Assessment, planning and co-ordination with other teams regarding patch management activities for internal and third party hosted systems
- Monitoring and responding to alerts from security tooling e.g. Endpoint security, email gateway and SIEM
- Processing service desk tickets for security matters such as the web gateway and user permissions
- Monitoring external information sources to make recommendations on latest security threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of network protocols, architecture and information security standards and procedures
- Awareness of Security Information Event Management (SIEM) technology
- Symantec (or equivalent) endpoint security products, anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Exposure to email and web gateway solution
- Microsoft Server / Desktop operating system experience
- Awareness of Cloud security solutions and standards
Competence, knowledge and skills
- Experience working within recognised Information Security frameworks and best practices.
- Experience in a technical role gained in a FS or e-commerce environment.
- Willingness to actively seek and assume responsibilities that will introduce efficiencies and improvements the Technology Services team.
Knowledge & Skills
- Self-motivated, professional, tenacious and enthusiastic
- Strong ownership of tasks, attention to detail and following through to conclusion
- Ability to challenge approach, strategy and implementation to ensure Information Security in consistently considered and improved
- Ability to work under own initiative but to plan & communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Structured, self-starting, flexible and enjoy working in fast paced environments
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to plan, organise and follow through on assigned tasks and complete with little or no prompting from management
- Ability to learn and develop new skills and take on new challenges
- Excellent attention to detail
What we offer:
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events and meet-ups
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- Generous holiday allowance, increasing with service and holiday buy and sell
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus much more
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
Contact Name: Paula Wharrier
Job ID: 2839685