Job Profile: Master Agile Coach
We are looking for an experienced, pragmatic, energetic and proactive Agile Coach to join our growing team. You will primarily be responsible developing a team of agile coaches in . As we are global organization, our teams, both IT and business, are distributed across the globe and as such your responsibility is also to the growth and evolution of these globally distributed infrastructure teams
We expect you to:
- Be a peoples person who derives immense satisfaction & joy from helping people (and through them the organisation) grow and reach their potential
- Be comfortable working with globally distributed infrastructure engineering teams, product owners and Agile leads (Scrum Masters)
- Understand why & how Agile can help an organisation at an enterprise level and a team at the team level to become more responsive to business needs, more innovative
- Constantly be exploring the art of the possible in helping teams adopt agile & Devops principles & practices
- Know Kanban, Scrum, Extreme Programming & Scaling Frameworks like Safe inside out
- Have practiced team development and have the ability to develop a coaching plan for a team
- Be able to demonstrate agile concepts & use of artefacts such as user stories, impact maps, story maps, big visible charts, planning, estimation, governance sessions, etc.
- Clearly explain the ‘why’ of the views you are articulating with practical examples (preferably from banking domain) so that participants experience agile as a logical/natural way of working as opposed to a theoretic possibility
- Have clarity of thought and expression and have the ability to influence team members at various stages of maturity and experience with agile & Devops methods.
- To have done it and lived it before you teach it (minimum 5 years agile coaching required)
We are NOT expecting someone who:
- Is a fundamentalist about a specific Agile framework or method
- Can’t cope with failure
- Is afraid to be disruptive
- Is not open minded to understand different perspectives
- Has a big ego and can’t deal with other Agile Leads & Agile coaches.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Develop a team of Agile Coaches within .
- Facilitate learning and development through individual and team coaching; deliver training, facilitate workshops and offsites
- Inspire and help teams to adopt Agile ways of working
- Provide hands on, practical guidance to teams on how to run agile ceremonies (daily stand-up, planning, retrospective, reviews) and craft artefacts such as user stories, how to split user stories, how to estimate, how to provide feedback to each other, etc.
- Pair with team members to create/modify their Jira projects, Kanban boards, use data provided by Jira to help focus teams on improvement items
- Facilitate, encourage, show teams how to continuously learn and improve
- Help break down silos within a team, across teams in a departments, across departments and geographies to help the organization collaborate better
- Work with business stakeholders to help them understand their roles and responsibilities on an agile team and help them to play their role to its highest potential
- Help teams improve their visibility, communication and collaboration so that they move from doing agile to being agile
- Help teams move from output to outcomes and from delivering projects to delivering products
- Be the Agile SME for the teams teaching and coaching them on Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming, SAFE as relevant to their context and needs
- Encourage team autonomy & ownership so that they become less dependent on you
- Perform the traditional Scrum Master tasks as needed to support the team
Your responsibilities do not include:
- Manage the teams
- Dictate how teams should work
The amount of exciting work to be done is huge. You will also have the opportunity to shape the transformation across a large, reputed global brand and organization. You will influence CXO all the way down to a new joiner in your day to day work. The responsibility is huge but it doesn’t feel huge when you are part of an awesome team and that’s what we offer - the opportunity to join a small, tight knit, high powered group of change agents.