The Product Expert is accountable for business & technical analysis for products within the - Operational & Corporate Finance domain.
As part of the persistent product development team, they are accountable for technical deliverables and ensuring sound architectural setup of products.
The Product Expert will provide technical guidance and advice to Product Owners as part of solutions-fit and options assessment (Viability, Desirability, Feasibility) with a focus on feasibility- for example can the user-story/problem statement be technically achieved.
They will need technical expertise in the areas specific to the product domain they are working. They will also be accountable for technical artefacts such as systems requirements, solutions design and security & privacy reviews.
- Technical Configuration/Customization: Work with third party solutions providers, developers and GSK Core Technology/Platforms to conduct technical configuration/customization of solutions that meet our customers needs and provides a great user experience. And experience of implementing and integrating SAAS Cloud Based solutions such as Cadency (Trintech).
- Data Protection: Develop a sound knowledge of GSK policies and processes regarding protection of sensitive data.
- Governance & Product Assessment: Take part in technical governance and oversight of product development across a product domain. Support Solutions Architect in the assessment of technology solutions
- Product Domain: Understand the product domain from a technology perspective but also understand how the technology adds value
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products
- Change & Release management: Manage change activity, including Software as a Service delivered change, into the production service in a compliant and efficient manner
- Integrations: Ensure data passing from upstream systems or providers (i.e. Workday) or to downstream systems (i.e. Global ERP and SAAS Cloud Sysytems e.g. Cadency) through integrations is efficient, accurate and secure. This also includes building reporting capabilities that support both operational reporting as well as analytic reporting.
- Process Improvement: Drive ongoing product and technical improvements adopting a mixture of delivery methodologies where appropriate - but focusing on Value to the customers.
- Technical Product Deliverables: Ensuring completion of technical deliverables as outlined by Product Owner/GRC and ensuring technical aspects of definition of done are achieved.
- Operational Support: Work on with support organization to trouble shoot tickets and escalations providing resolution to break-fix issues. Demonstrate an ability to resolve complex issues, manage user relationships and delivery. Proactively seek ways to reduce the volume of support work, identifying common/recurring issues, and proposing improvements.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree, extensive experience in (e.g. R&D, Commercial, Corporate, GMS) experience in major global Tech organization
- Track record in successful technical development, solution design, programme and product delivery and service management
- Track record of deploying/integrating SAAS Cloud system e.g. Cadency (Trintech)
- Experience as a Technical Analyst
- Experience of working with third parties in the delivery of working products
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills
- Deep content knowledge of respective functional area (business operating models, processes & products)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Understanding of Agile Software Development, experience in Scrum, Kanban, SAFE desirable
- Understanding of Emergn VFQ desirable
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Contact Name: GSK
Job ID: 2833098