LEAD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER - £200 TO £280 PER DAY - EDINBURGH
BASIC DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND CLEARANCE REQUIRED (or equivalent)
Reed Technology are delighted to have partnered up with one of our long standing public sector clients, to provide an exceptional Infrastructure Engineer for 2-3 months of cover, with the possibility of extension.
Our client is seeking an experienced Lead Infrastructure Engineer to provide medium to long term cover for their IT department. The successful candidate will be able to work from home, but will be required ON SITE.
- Overall management and responsibility for the IT infrastructure and systems architecture
- Be the technical expert and have overall accountability for the enterprise infrastructure.
- To maintain continuity of services to customers, plan and co-ordinate hardware and client/server software upgrades and secure delivery of enterprise applications to staff.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the IT environment including downtime, reporting service levels, and defining and tracking IT operational metrics
- Work closely with the key stakeholders and partners to ensure that the necessary infrastructure is managed and maintained appropriately.
- To ensure information security of technical infrastructure and to help formulate policies for business continuity, disaster recovery and mitigation of risks. Manage backup and recovery approaches.
- Provide high-level support on projects with an IT element and manage IT projects as required.
- Management of specific technologies as required including
- Messaging and directory systems (Microsoft Active Directory Services and Exchange e-mail).
- Virtualisation technologies (Citrix, VMWare).
- Responsible for server and network hardware and software asset management and license compliance and governance.
- Experience in running data centres, and associated IT infrastructure (either general, or with a specific specialism in one area such as networks, storage, or servers - but with a broad knowledge of all areas).
- Knowledge and experience of information security requirements.
- Good understanding of ITIL framework.
- Budget management and procurement skills.
- Understanding of management issues in complex organisations.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff at appropriate levels
If you are looking for your next contract role then please apply here, or email your CV