|Listed on:||30th April|
Principal Oracle Developers x3 SF30071 Location: Keynsham, Bristol
About the Role
Babcock's Digital Solutions business provides information management services and solutions to maximise the utility of data and provide decision making insight across the asset and service lifecycle, within the Defence sector for the purpose of providing through life engineering support of the Royal Navy's complex maritime assets.
We are seeking 3 new Software Developers (1 x Form Developer and 2 x Apex Developers) to help us continue to grow our business and contribute to our goal.
* As a Senior Oracle Developer you'll undertake the requirement analysis, production and review of technical design solutions of large/complex programmes
* Translate requirements, use cases and storyboards into functional applications, using agreed standards and tools and testing of new IT applications.
* You'll be required to prepare comprehensive documentation to support the completed application; attend workshops / reviews / stand-ups to discuss the development project and demonstrate progress to date
* Apply technical experience and skills to assess and advise on the feasibility of solutions and recommendations for alternative options maintaining technical awareness at a level where alternatives can be analysed and modelled according to technical feasibility.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll be educated to Degree level in a relevant IT discipline and hold professional training qualifications. Significant knowledge and experience of Software Development is essential, as is a passion for software development and an enthusiasm for continuous improvement of software techniques and practices.
We would also like you to have all or some the following:
* Extensive knowledge of the ORACLE (Forms, Reports) application development toolset - (for FORMS Developer role) OR
* Extensive knowledge of the ORACLE APEX (Application Express) application development toolset - (for APEX Developer role)
* Development of complex server side PL/SQL code for data input validation and data import / export.
* Experience of development and deployment using ORACLE Fusion Middleware.
Lastly, you'll be self-motivated and able to plan and schedule own, and others tasks; have excellent time management and organisational skills; excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills with a positive "can do" attitude to work, focusing on delivering high quality solutions on time.
What else do I need to know?
* You may be required to provide out of hours support for software releases and patches as and when dictated by the business.
* The successful candidate will hold, or be eligible to acquire, Security Clearance at the appropriate level for this post.
* This position is based at our Keynsham office which is situated between Bristol and Bath in the South West of England.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Contact Name: Rosie Field
Job ID: 2822789