eCommerce Operations Intern - Graduate Internship - London
£15000 - £15000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
eCommerce Operations Intern - Graduate Internship - 12 months
Start Date: April 2020
Hours: Full time (Mon - Fri)
A national tourism agency, a non departmental public body, funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, responsible for promoting Britain worldwide and developing its visitor economy.
To assist the Online Shop Operations Manager on the day to day tasks, and support the online shop team in order to maximise revenue by providing the best possible ecommerce operation and online customer service.
* To deal promptly and helpfully with customer emails in English
* To process refunds when applicable
* To monitor the online shops for issues which might deter customers from buying and to suggest ways of combating these issues
* Upsell to customers and retain revenue wherever possible in line with our store terms and conditions
Shop Management & Reports:
* To maximise the commercial potential of the shops & merchandising to drive sales
* To translate and update shop content
* E-Commerce research & report writing
* To manage shop categories
* To become au fait with all aspects of the e-commerce platform and to suggest enhancements to the system
* To carry out daily quality checks and to identify and raise any on-site errors or bugs alongside daily and post deployment site checks
* Contribute to the work of the team as required, data entry and checking, problem solving, producing reports and presentations, special requests, etc..
* Flexibility and willingness to support managers and team with cover and ad hock tasks including but not limited to; Covering other team member during annual leave when requested, competitor analysis, updating reporting spreadsheets
* Open to graduates
* Open to applicants from all degree disciplines
* Excellent written and spoken English is essential
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
* Excellent Microsoft Office proficiency
* Willingness to learn new skills
* Customer service experience and the ability to deal with difficult customers
* Excellent written and spoken in any of the following would be an advantage but not essential: (Italian, French, Dutch, Spanish, German, Japanese)
* Knowledge or having interest in working in eCommerce
* Knowledge of tourism in Britain
* Sales focused and confident speak with customers over the phone and looking for upselling opportunities