Application Support Analyst
£30000 - £35000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Are you looking to enhance your career within Application Support?
Do you have experience querying and manipulating data using SQL?
Then look no further! I am currently recruiting for an Application Support Analyst based in the North of Bristol. This is a permanent position paying £30-£35,000pa dependent on experience.
Responsibilities and tasks:-
* Management of customer requests and incidents throughout ticket life-cycle by providing 1st and 2nd Level technical troubleshooting.
* Provision of technical support for operating systems (MS Windows & Linux), RDBS (primarily SQL Server), 3rd party software (primarily VMware), proprietary software and networks (LAN/WAN).
* Remote resolution of Incidents/Events/Problems logged in our reporting tool (Remedy) so that service levels are not breached.
* Patch management testing of our proprietary and dependent 3rd party software against the latest OS (MS Windows, Windows Server, SQL Server, Linux) critical, non-critical and security patches.
* Managing the deployment of OS patches/packs.
* Guide our customers to implement best practice.
* Ensure quality information is entered into our reporting tool (Remedy).
* Conduct preventative and rectification maintenance at customer locations.
* Inclusion in duty roster for remote and on-site support service 24 hours per day.
* Inclusion in the weekend standby duty roster.
* Production of reports and necessary documentation for administration and invoicing purposes.
* Participate in Customer Support department meetings, if required.
* Any other appropriate tasks required by the Line Manager.
If you have experience supporting applications and using SQL and would like to find out more about this role then please do apply with your updated CV.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert.