Power BI Administrator
Spring Group Plc
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Power BI Administrator - 3 months - West London
Global FMCG is looking for a Power BI Administrator who will be responsible for the technical support of core technologies especially Microsoft Power BI cloud based services to ensure the solution within a specified domain meet the needs of the business.
The role demands hands on experience in power BI reports development, Power BI web service administration with knowledge/experience in Azure components storage accounts, database, ETL components to support the business.
- Perform Power BI administration activities e.g. Capacity management, availability management, regular house keeping activities like identifying reports/datasets that are not in use and archiving/deleting them, monitoring power BI Pro license usage, identifying reports/datasets resulting in capacity issues and taking necessary actions etc
- Perform Power BI reports/data model fine tuning activities and improving reports data refresh/read performance, optimal Power BI premium capacity utilisation
- Provides Technical support and guidance in delivering solutions/services, resolving issues, implementing change requests
- Handling incidents, problems, requests, changes etc for the applications developed in Power BI and at Power BI platform level
- Excellent hands-on experience in Power BI platform administration activities
- Good proven hands on experience in Power BI data model and reports development
- Knowledge in Azure cloud components like Azure Storage accounts, Databases, ELT components etc are desirable
- Proven experience of conducting proof of concepts to Power BI capabilities both at the tool and at the Power BI platform level
- Previous experience in application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem ,Change Management etc
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of relational databases, transaction processing procedures, and design tools
- Knowledge in ITIL Support Processes (Desirable)
- Analytical and Service Improvement Techniques
- Knowledge on ETL components like Azure cloud components - Azure datafactory, Databricks, storage accounts and databases(Desirable)