Deputy Chief Examiner - NDT
10th December 2019
£40000 - £40000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Deputy Chief Examiner - NDT
Home Based (with travel to examination locations)
If you are an NDT Level 3 qualified professional with an understanding of PCN and ICorr requirements, this is an exceptional opportunity to join a pioneer in mechanical engineering.
About the Organisation
Part of a leading group, our client is the leading global provider of non-destructive testing and inspection services.
Based in their multi-million pound Engineering Training Centre in Sheffield, they offer a range of inspection and non-destructive testing training courses, examinations and consultancy services.
Our client is now looking for a Deputy Chief Examiner to join their BINDT authorised qualifying body.
As the Deputy Chief Examiner, you will ensure that our client conforms to BINDT and PCN requirements, as well as the requirements of other certification schemes, such as ASNT and ICorr.
Supporting the Chief Examiner, you facilitate the examination process, including acting as an invigilator, marking exams and liaising with the approved examination centre training partners.
You will also:
- Allocate and control examination papers to appropriate markers in line with scheme requirements
- Manage and continually review PCN and ICorr exam sample stock
- Support and take part in audit QA processes associated with CP08 and CP09
- Occasionally act as an NDT Trainer and deliver courses you are qualified to teach in
- When required, undertake national and potentially international travel
- Provide cover for the Chief Examiner when required
To be considered as a Deputy Chief Examiner, you will need:
- An NDT Level 3 qualification in the methods required to teach and mark examinations (preferably PCN)
- Knowledge of the ICorr examinations requirements
- An understanding of the documentation relating to PCN requirements for an AQB and ICorr requirements
- A track record of working both independently with strong accountability and within a team to deliver outputs to plan
- A high level of IT literacy, including the ability to use PC and associated networks and systems (e.g. MS Office) to find, manipulate and distribute information
- A full, valid driving licence
Ideally, you will have extensive experience in various non-destructive testing methods, but this is not essential. Experience of marking examination papers would also be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role NDT Examiner, Non-Destructive Testing Examiner, Examiner, NDT Invigilator, ICorr Examiner, NDT Trainer, or NDT Assessor and Examiner.
- Highly competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance
- A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays and your birthday off
- Up to 10% matched pension contribution
- Life insurance (x3 salary)
- On-site parking at our offices in Sheffield
Accredited by Investors in People and committed to offering equal opportunities, our client offers the ideal environment in which to take your career to the next level.
Our client’s people are what makes the organisation special, which is why they offer a great benefits package and excellent development prospects, enabling you to realise your full potential while helping others to reach theirs.
So, if you want to utilise your knowledge to empower others and support the examination function of a world-renowned organisation, our client wants to hear from you.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. Our client looks forward to receiving your application.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for your next step as a Deputy Chief Examiner, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.