Provisioning Specialist - Telecom
4th December 2019
£28000 - £38000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company requires a Telecoms Provisioning Specialist within the European office of its Telecom Expense Management (TEM) division. The successful candidates will have responsibility for performing, coordinating and monitoring the execution of pan-European telecommunications orders and installations.
The role is based in their European division located in their new Basingstoke, U.K. office.
What you will be doing:
1. Work within the system workflow to process orders (MACD) of fixed line voice and data services with vendors via vendor portal, email, or telephone call within client SLA windows.
2. Work with customers, vendors, and internal resources to monitor the order progress, processing of orders, provisioning of orders, and overall project management.
3. Communicate with vendors throughout the delivery or discontinuation of service including responding to vendor requests with regulatory or legal requests to make sure clients' needs are met according to the established timeline.
4. Escalate issues with vendors and clients to meet project demands.
5. Support team members and current clients in the design, development, configuration, and deployment of changes in the system to include updates in plans, vendor services, or contracted services.
6. Act as the client-facing subject matter expert (SME) for vendor MACD activity.
7. Manage and track mobile provisioning orders and co-ordinate internal resources or partner activity in this function.
What do you need:
1. A broad technical knowledge and understanding of fixed line wide-area networking and services
2. A good knowledge of the European market for telecoms services, with experience of provisioning fixed line services
3. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
4. Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations to resolve the problem.
5. Ability to troubleshoot potential or real service issues and to initiate and/or provide support for escalations.
6. Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks. Ability to then make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation.
7. Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
Minimum Level of Skills and Training Normally Required:
1. Relevant 'A' levels, BTEC or equivalent required.
2. At least 3 years of experience working with telecom carriers' provision services, either in a vendor or an end-user corporate environment.
3. Experience of working in an international environment preferred.
4. Detailed understanding of voice and data telecommunications, (PSTN, Ethernet, MPLS, SIP, broadband etc).