C# Software Engineer
Job Purpose Summary
Client is looking for an experienced Windows/C# developer to support/maintain an existing product for a 12-month period whilst an alternative solution is being put in place.
S/he will be part of a small scrum team responsible for system and product enhancements. We are seeking a skilled developer who have strong technical skills and has experience working within a highly distributed team (US/UK/Ind).
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
This role is responsible for:
- Develop functionality for and maintain the companies Private Banking tactical solution
- Initiatives include development within the trading system, product enhancements and new workflows for trading, and server-side programming and messaging
- Production support, including investigating and fixing production issues
- Coordinate with business analysts and quality assurance on a daily basis
- Present technical designs of work performed to the various groups (including Development, QA, BA and the business)
- 3-5 years’ experience as a C# developer
- Experience with WPF, WCF and Entity Framework is highly desired.
- Excellent unit testing skills
- Experience with high-speed, high-volume transactional systems
- Good understanding of object-oriented design patterns
- Extensive experience in concurrency and multi-threaded programming
- Enterprise RDBMS (Oracle and/or SQL Server)
- Experience in agile development methodologies and test-driven development.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate and document the technical work performed.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate would also be able to work independently as they will enter a fast-paced company of doers.