SQL Server Engineer / Developer vacancy requiring profound Security Management knowledge for our Zurich based client in the financial sector.
- 7+ years of experience as a system engineer within a regulated enterprise environment including 4+ years hands-on experience with Windows server management and integrating infrastructure applications
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Sever operating systems and Microsoft SQL database technologies including FCI, WSFC, AlwaysOn and backup restore management
- Knowhow of optimising complex T-SQL queries and indexes along with solid scripting skills in PowerShell
- Good understanding of enterprise infrastructure and technologies such as AD, GPO, DNS, virtualisation, storage, load balancing and clustering as well as of implementing least privilege security within an AD environment
- Experience with integrating PKI dependent applications within a zoned firewall environment and with vRealize Automation and Orchestration as well as with McAfee ePO AV management is an advantage
- University degree (preferred) or formal IT related education, Industry-related certifications an advantage
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken, German is a plus
- Managing Microsoft Server and MS SQL environments with additional responsibility for 3rd level support, project management and solution architecture activities
- Implementing, supporting, maintaining and performance tuning standalone FCI MS SQL clusters
- Maintaining Microsoft server platform baseline configuration and introducing new features
- Keeping anti-virus agents as well as the associated ePO server up to date while managing the security and configuration baselines for the Windows server environment
- Creating design and operational documents as well as scripts for automating technical infrastructure services and requests
- Improving operational efficiency and aiding to define future projects along with solving production incidents for systems in your responsibility
- Executing Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and providing SME support
Duration: 6 MM+
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Ref.Nr.: BH 14959
Does this spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance