21st October 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: Senior Architect
Duration: Until 31st March 2020
Security required: SC
The Contractor shall provide systems SME guidance and decision support to work package leads. As a minimum this will include:
* Being a proactive trouble-shooter, looking for problems existing between technical work packages and working with work package leads to prevent or mitigate them;
* Focusing on the interfaces between work packages within the team and intra-system dependencies;
* Ensuring that subsystems do not interfere with each other or wider systems which are integrated with the team.
* Providing architecturally complaint technical advice to non-technical meetings;
* Helping work package leads understand the implications of programmatic change and driving a design lead approach;
* Supporting the Lead Engineer's work to create a Work Package plan for the LAD/T effort.
In order for the Contractor to deliver the aforementioned support and outputs, the Authority believes the following skills and experience are required:
Broad experience in the CIS, significant domain knowledge, and experience in design led delivery of CIS projects.
The Contractor shall create the high-level system architecture products in formal architectural language by:
* Supporting the architecture team and working with the CDO Architects to select common architecture building blocks.
* Maintaining coherence of the architecture as changes emerge from sources including but not limited to internal design decisions or changes in the external environment and wider systems.
* Creating the high-level service design model and show requirements traceability.
* Providing support to the decision making process in the Project Team through the creation of architecture views, in response to emerging questions, which help the decision maker understand the complexity of the issue at hand, by as a minimum:
* Creating bespoke diagrammatic products to support meetings, working groups and decision points.
* Capturing decisions and designs in an architecture model;
* Demonstrating how designs and decisions are compliant with requirements and constraints;
* Managing the architecture repository