This is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre Senior IT Service Operations Manager to join a global Retail business that are undergoing large-scale, exciting levels of IT change. You will join an established team, covering both people-management and hands-on technical responsibilities.
- Michael Page are proudly partnered with an award-winning, miltibillion pound global retail giant, who are the central market leader in their space.
- As they have continued to grow, now into a business that has become an iconic, international brand, they have invested heavily into Technology.
- As a result, they are currently undergoing an exciting period of growth in the UK, and are recruiting for a Senior IT Service Operations Manager to lead a part of their Operations team at their HQ near Solihull.
- As the Senior IT Service Operations Manager you will have a varied level of key responsibilities as a central part of a large-scale IT function, working in an enterprise scale environment made up of approx. 40,000 users.
- You will take the lead of an established Operations team of 10 Engineers, working predominantly across Microsoft stack technologies, covering desktop, server and networking support.
- Whilst people management will be a key part of the role, this is a position that will be well-suited to a candidate that is still highly technical from a hands-on perspective, with strong IT centric skills.
- You will join a highly capable team, with a strong structure around you, reporting into a talented Head of IT Operations, who is also based locally at the site near Solihull.
As the successful candidate for the Senior IT Service Operations Manager role, you will:
- Come from a strong IT Infrastructure background, covering Senior Infrastructure or Infrastructure Management responsibilities.
- You will be used to working in medium to large-scale environments, and have the confidence to operate in a senior capacity within an enterprise level environment of about 40,000 global users.
- You will have a strong Microsoft background, with key experience in Windows Server, Azure, Office365 and Active Directory.
- In addition, experience with Oracle and SAP would be highly desirable, particularly if this experience is from within the Retail sector.
- Whilst previous people management experience is not a pre-requisite, you will certainly have the credibility and seniority to lead of team of reports.
£60,000 - £65,000 + corporate benefits.