|Listed on:||16th September|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,000 - £48,000|
|Salary Notes:||DOE Plus Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Service|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Software Development Engineer
Newton Abbot, Devon
Working with many of the biggest names in the IT industry, such as Dell EMC, Intel, NVIDIA and Teradici, Amulet Hotkey is a proven innovator in the design, manufacture and system integration of high availability solutions for remote physical and virtual workstations.
Founded in 1990, we provide a full service, complete with world-class support, for robust, secure and uncompromised business and mission critical applications.
We're now looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our exceptionally talented and supportive R&D team and design world-first products for our global customers.
- Salary of £42,000 - £48,000 DOE
- Joining bonus
- Flexitime scheme
- Early finish on Fridays
- 25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 28 with service)
- Progress your career with a growing, exciting company
- Support the delivery of innovative products
- Work with an impressive global client base
Working with a talented team in a growing Agile development environment, you'll have the chance to get involved with all aspects of the design process, even across disciplines.
We always look for the best ways to add value, question assumptions, and focus on the long-term solutions instead of the short-term workarounds. We have an equal and trusted partnership across the engineering team to deliver great products and improve development processes.
With continual new challenges to solve, we invest heavily in developing the technical and non-technical skills in our team to deliver innovative solutions.
So, if you're looking for the opportunity to challenge yourself, work on exciting projects and enhance your existing expertise, we want to hear from you.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will support the development of our products.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop embedded firmware for exciting, leading-edge electronic products
- Work across disciplines to ensure quality and innovation are nurtured
- Contribute to the improvement of the software development process
- Create and maintain automated build and test frameworks
To join us as a Software Development Engineer, you will need:
- Previous experience of developing robust embedded firmware for electronics devices
- Experience with a variety of tool chains and development environments, ideally Keil uVision or Rowley Crossworks
- Previous experience with a variety of microcontrollers, preferably ARM Cortex M3
Experience with the following would be beneficial: Embedded C and Python or similar (such as Perl), software modelling using standard tools, practical electronics, coding to established standards or using revision control systems.
Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts would be equally advantageous, as would an understanding of communications concepts, interfaces and network infrastructures.
Other companies may call this role Embedded Firmware Engineer, Embedded Firmware Developer, Software Developer, Software Programmer, Software Engineer or Electronics Engineer.
Webrecruit and Amulet Hotkey are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next step as a Software Development Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.