IT and Communications Engineer
£32,000 - £36,000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As a customer focused company they have a reputable name in the industry, and they are considered a trusted supplier of numerous security and risk mitigation services. They believe they are one of the most innovative and forward thinking security companies operating in the UK.
The role of the IT & Communications Engineer is to provide support to the fleet externally and the internal systems. The primary objective is overseeing the day to day performance of all hardware and software within the company as well as being responsible for the build of new equipment and the refurbishment of existing equipment. This role is both an office base. Good communication and prioritising skills are essential as the role will require constant dialogue with all members of the company, their suppliers and their partners.
Key Duties -
- Assist the Technical manager in engaging in technical points with their suppliers or partners.
- Responsible for coordinating and delivering new equipment builds
- Responsible for coordinating and delivering all refurbishment of existing equipment when identified
- Responsible for the execution of remote fleet health checks
- Responsible for supply chain management including repairs and returns
- Pre-Installation preparation including - Installation pack review and pre-install equipment testing
- Adopt SOP workings
- Responsible for the integration and continued performance of company software including engineer management software
- Ensure all IT infrastructure is fit for purpose and in line with company expectations
- Provide remote installation support for the engineering team
- Provide IT support to the company as a whole
- Research new and innovative products independently and collectively
- Lead & liaise with the Technical Manager and review any ongoing site performance issues to the point of resolution
- Responsible for the training and implementation of any new equipment or software into the requisite personnel within the company
- Special project management and facilitation
- Ensure your company KPI's are adhered to
As a fair and ethical employer, in accordance with guidelines taken from the 2010 Equality Act, This company is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all; irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital/civil partnership status, sexuality, disability or age
Reporting to: Directors
Hours: 40 per week (08:00 - 17:00) Mon-Fri
Car parking space
Five minutes away from Glasgow's city centre.
Good transport links