|Listed on:||25th July|
|Salary Notes:||£19,000 - £21,000 DOE Plus Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
1st Line Support Advisor - Junior IT Role
London, EW1 (office based, with occasional travel to Nottingham)
£19,000 - £21,000 DOE Plus Benefits
Our client is an expanding Top 20 accountancy practice with offices across the UK and internationally. They are currently seeking a 1st Line Support Advisor to join their ambitious team and support their internal IT function.
As a 1st Line Support Advisor, you will:
- Provide 1st line support to employees as part of a helpdesk function
- Escalate more technical or in-depth issues to 2nd line support
- Set up computers, laptops, printers, telephones, and other desk based hardware
- Rebuild desktops and laptops with hardware and software
- Assist with Mimecast content checking
- Set up online webinar sessions and IT equipment for meetings
- Order supplies
- Provide IT inductions for new starters
- Travel to the Nottingham office to provide on-site support
- Assist clients who are experience portal access problems
Interested? To be considered as a 1st Line Support Advisor, you will need:
- At a minimum, one year's 1st line technical support experience, working in a tech support role
- Experience of using MS Windows
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- At a minimum, a GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C or above (ideally in ICT)
- The ability to think on your feet and act on your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
Although not essential, a basic understanding of networking would be beneficial to your application.
What's in it for you?
- The chance to gain valuable on the job training in a variety of different IT technologies, servers and disciplines
- The opportunity to develop and progress into a 2nd line support position
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private dental cover and medical insurance at discounted rates
- Subsidised corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan (for travel)
- 28 days' holiday including Bank Holidays plus discretionary Christmas shutdown
- The ability to purchase extra days of leave in salary sacrifice
This is a full time role working 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday between 9:30 and 17:30. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required and you will need to have a flexible approach to your working hours to meet specific demands.
Please note, this role involves manual tasks such as lifting.
Other organisations may call this role Junior IT Technician, Trainee IT Technician, Network Support Technician, Junior IT Support Engineer, IT Support Analyst, Technical Support Engineer, or Junior IT Service Technician.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next step as a 1st Line Support Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.