Application Support Engineer
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company is seeking a strong collaborative team player to work within the Operations Support team at their Manchester office.
Leveraging your strong background in Microsoft Windows technologies the qualifying candidate will be administering, maintaining & supporting applications with configurations deployed globally across their Amazon Web Services footprint.
Candidate will perform a wide variety of software configuration/maintenance and operational support tasks of many varied back end systems, including, but not limited to, Windows/Linux server OS/software, VMware VSphere, AWS Infrastructure.
Candidate will be responsible for active monitoring and reporting of environments, working with development and support teams to ensure uptime/stability.
The position is on-call and the candidate will be expected to ensure the coverage of frequent after-hours deployments/maintenance windows.
The position focuses on streamlining deployment and security architecture. This also includes expanded responsibilities surrounding all infrastructure support including application monitoring, software build machines, and software support servers. The candidate should have a penchant for solving tough technical problems, and a dedication to ensuring high-availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure.
- Provide second level support to their parking e-commerce platforms.
- Monitoring and understanding security events with WAFs, IDS/IPS, and access logs.
- Installation, configuration, and administration of Windows/ Linux Servers.
- Networking (TCP/IP) configuration including Firewall ACL's and security.
- Installation, configuration, and administration of virtualization infrastructures running on VMware suite of products.
- Creation, Management and Configuration of Virtual Machines, Clone and Templates.
- Collecting, monitoring and analysing systems performance data for improved performance.
- Perform custom application maintenance, to include debugging, installing new application releases, patching.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for administering, maintaining, and supporting infrastructure.
- Create automated tasks with shell scripts (PowerShell, batch, python).
Requirements and General Skills:
- Must be able to design, implement and support solutions based on the needs of the business and based on industry professional and security best practices.
- Must be able to design and implement best practice AWS architectural footprints.
- Work independently as part of a team, including cross-functional teams.
- Exhibit excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Pay attention to details and be organized.
- Interface with a multitude of diverse personalities in a professional and consistent manner.
Full job description available when you apply and are redirected to the careers page...