Senior Software Developer
ShortList Recruitment are working with the UK's largest supplier of Infrastructure Projects across a variety of sectors, who are recruiting a Senior Software Developer to work within their dynamic and forward-thinking development team.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will become a key member of the software development team, using your experience and knowledge to help grow the technical capability of the team in order to provide a significant contribution to the delivery of our product road map.
You will report to the software development manager and provide reguar updates on key deliverables whilst monitoring progress of other team members identifying risk and putting in a plan to mitigate them.
The Senior Software Developer will work closely with a variety of teams across our business from software developers to senior stakeholders so good communication skills are essential.
From time to time this role will have a client facing element so you will have strong presentation skills and be confident in presenting to a variety of audiences allowing you to explain our systems in a clear on concise manner.
A typical week for the Senior Software Developer would include:
* Responsible for the Design, Development and Testing of new and innovative software solutions
* Work with the business analyst team to turn user requirements, into design approaches, provide highly accurate estimates and in turn produce a highly scalable finished product
* Line manage or mentor junior members of the team to ensure they grow and learn new skills
* Ensure high quality documentation is available for all systems and coding standards are followed and consider efficiency, scalability and security
* Promote industry standard approaches and understand how we can best implement them across the team to ensure the team stays on top of new technology and best practise
* Communicating with non-technical users in a clear and concise fashion to provide advice about how to obtain the best from our systems
Wed love to hear from you if you have:
* Commercial experience in developing with Microsoft technologies such as .Net, Asp.net using C#
* Experience in a senior developer role with line management or mentoring responsibility for junior members of staff
* A degree in a computer science or related subject
* Experience with one or more design patterns such as MVC or Dependency Injection
* Experience of working in a client facing role or are confident in presenting technical solutions to non-technical users
* Experience with task tracking software such as Azure Dev Ops or Jira.
* Demonstrate a proactive approach to learning new skills to keep pace with technology
You'll stand out if you have the following:
* Experience of working with distributed source control such as Git
* Experience of Continuous Integration & Delivery
* Experience of working with mobile solutions
* Experience of managing remote teams
The Senior Software Developer will be working for a company that values it's culture, flexibility and work life balance and gives you the autonomy you might need to succeed.
There are opportunities for flexible working hours and also working from home at times.
The Senior Software Developer role includes a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, among many other benefits.
This is a truly amazing opportunity for a Senior Software Developer looking to progress their career. If you are interested in this role, please click APPLY NOW.
ShortList Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ShortList specialise in the full spectrum of IT positions, from CIO to Helpdesk Analyst, on both a permanent and contract basis.