|Listed on:||21st June|
|Salary/Rate:||£32,000 - £36,000|
|Start Date:||2019-06-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Dan Kilshaw|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
2nd Line Support Engineer
Birmingham, West Midlands
£32,000 - £36,000 DOE Plus Benefits
Our client is recruiting on behalf of a rapidly-growing software provider whose award-winning platform enhances a passenger’s experience of public transport.
Their solution is used by a broad range of transport organisations and enables them to use real-time business intelligence data to transform their companies.
Due to an increase in demand for their services, they are now looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join their team in Birmingham.
As a 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will:
- Join a student travel focused project for a leading transport operator in the UK and North America
- Provide tier two support triaging customer facing and impacting issues
- Investigate and clarify tickets
- Reproduce issues
- Debug and resolve problems prior to any escalation
- Resolve issues in collaboration with Technical Support Engineers and Account Managers
- Log into remote servers and review application log files
- Provide reports on metrics, the status of issues and progress
- Work as part of an on-call rota for after-hours critical support
Interested? If so, to be considered as a 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will need:
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer or in a technical support role
- Experience with API calls and manipulating JSON data
- SQL experience including a firm understanding of database concepts and SQL fundamentals
- Solid technical experience in the Linux server environment with experience of using the Linux terminal and commands
Knowledge of, and experience debugging, HTTP statuses and console errors would be equally desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Tier Two Support Engineer, Software Support Engineer, Software Support Analyst, 2nd Line Support Analyst, Technical Support Engineer, Technical Support Analyst, or Level 2 Support Engineer.
But what’s in it for you?
- Benefits including healthcare and pension plan
- Annual performance bonus
- Perks such as gym membership, paid breakfasts and lunches for all employees, flexible working arrangements the latest technology to work with, and relaxed office dress code
- Modern offices in the heart of Birmingham with great transport links and supported by restaurants and bars
- Join a diverse team from all over the world
- Work with an organisation with offices in Birmingham, Dublin and the Baltics
Webrecruit, our clients and the organisations we advertise on behalf of are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of 2nd Line Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.