At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Access is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our dynamic Product Management team. Reporting to the Product Director, you will play a vital role in setting the strategic product direction and defining the product roadmap based on market and competitive trends.
You will be the business sponsor for all functional development projects for you product.
You will work with Marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
You will build products from existing ideas and develop new ideas based on your industry experience, research and constant external contact: customers, prospects and those shaping the sector. In addition, you will also ensure that the strategy is fulfilled with practical go-to-market planning and engagement.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Defining the product strategy and creating the product roadmaps for the selected applications and market sectors aligned with the company Strategy and Vision.
- Provide input to business cases to support product strategies & roadmaps.
- Capturing Business Requirements for selected applications and market sectors.
- Use financial information to analyse and optimize revenue, pricing, and contribution margins for selected products.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and all other departments and divisions to communicate the product roadmaps, product content and launch.
- Initiating and sponsoring all functional development projects based on agreed business cases and agreed business requirements.
- Developing and implementing a launch plan for your product, working closely with all departments to execute the plan.
- Collaboratively working with internal and external stakeholders throughout the project to elicit requirements and develop optimal business solutions, screen and interface designs.
- Work closely with Development to ensure the correct functionality is created from the prioritised business cases and requirements.
- Supporting sales and go to market initiatives for the existing product, offering sales & demonstration material, content for lead generation, and presentations/content for user group meetings.
- Work with the other product managers to understand the overall portfolio, to facilitate the overall product strategy, integration and cross sell.
- Initiate and support engagement with clients through Special Interest Groups, User Groups and other events.
- Pro-actively engaging in agile development activities: scrums, planning and estimating sessions, workshops, and stakeholder development demonstrations.
- Working closely with internal/third party developers and subject matter experts analysing the trade-offs between usability & performance needs whilst ensuring technical and compliance standards are being met.
- Maintaining effective communication between customers, business and technical stakeholders in the project so that it is unambiguous/timely; and ensuring risks and issues are managed effectively.
- Ensuring that all changes to requirements are well-thought through, implications considered, discussed with all relevant stakeholders, sized appropriately, implemented and tested.
- Managing external corporate customers and providing technical expertise to implement new requirements, to ensure their solutions are fit for purpose and performing at optimal levels.
- Write and maintain Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for new and existing software processes.
- Analyse and document complex business operations for software developers and testers as required.
- Work with the quality assurance team to ensure that the software meets the required quality standards.
- Learn and gain a detailed understanding of the development methodology in order to be able to document and deliver necessary changes to existing functionality or new features - appreciating the effects the changes may have on other areas.
As a well-rounded Product Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically whilst achieving results in immediate area of responsibility
- The ability to adapt to a changing business and market place
- Ability to think creatively and exploit opportunities
- Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
- Experienced user of Aha, or similar road mapping tools
- Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own and within a team.
- Ability to work to tight timescales.
- A commitment to quality.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain