Must be eligible or obtain SC Clearance, This Cloud DevOps Engineer role sits within the Infrastructure & Operations Product Group and reports to the Cloud DevOps lead. We are seeking experienced Cloud DevOps Engineers to join the team that can help build, develop and operate our AWS Cloud platform. The team strives to deliver excellent DevOps support, undertake cloud design/build and improvement capability while working in collaboration with various other project, internal and external support teams.
Role & Responsibilities
- Delivering creative, well organised, readable and tested code within the constraints of a continuous integration
- Delivering well defined, reusable infrastructure code for pipeline orchestration and automation and scripting to build dynamic cloud infrastructure components. Providing as part of the build, operational documentation (playbooks, runbooks).
- Supporting the design and development of automated support that validates code and reduce the potential for defects. Contributing to functional and non-functional service testing for cloud infrastructure services.
- Supporting the introduction of new cloud infrastructure services into the expected governance controls and service qualities
Skills & Qualifications
- Good scripting knowledge and experience in Python/Bash/Perl/Ruby/ /JSON
- Experience of enterprise cloud environments which is managed as a secured and governed service
- Experience in developing AWS cloud infrastructure code for enterprise environments.
- Experience of delivering cloud technologies such as S3, EC2, RDS, ELB, IAM, ES, DynamoDB
- AWS Certified DevOps Professional, or 2+ years deep technical knowledge of CloudFormation
- RHCE (RHEL 7) knowledge (desirable if certified) or 2+ years enterprise Linux sysadmin, Redhat7 experience
- Open Source tooling experience
- Experience of Automation of infrastructure provisioning and management (Chef)
Nice to have
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery / DevOps methodology environments
- Recognised skills utilising related tools such as Splunk, Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker, Chef, DataDog etc.
- Data and database technologies including RDBMS and Big data (Hadoop ecosystem(Cloudera) and BI (Tableau/Qlik etc.) SQL
- Infrastructure security experience and with proven toolset knowledge using Qualys, Suricata, Satellite, IPA