Job Title: Data Developer
£45,000 - £57,293
Posting End Date: 23/06/2019
- Statistical analysis of large data sets deploying various analysis and data mining techniques and approaches.
- Development of data models for cloud, edge and digital solutions
- Production of data analysis solutions, using appropriate scripting languages
- Implement statistical and other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Optimise joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project analysis
- Work closely with the software engineers to ensure implementable architectures can be created
- Implement and work with Technical Design Authorities
- Data analytics and working with and defining data dictionaries, and models;
- Analytical experience with Python programming languages
- Proficient in SQL
- Knowledge of google cloud platform is preferable
- Knowledge of various machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks, is preferable.
- An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment
- An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning
- An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
- An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas
- We have an expectation that all people undertake their duties and responsibilities in an inclusive and ethical manner, upholding the Company's values.
So why us?
This role is based in our brand new hi-tech Digital Delivery Centre in the heart of Manchester, where you will be working alongside some of the best Engineers in the world. We have the top two floors in the Neo Building which has undergone a £8m refurbishment, neighbours in the building amongst others including Microsoft. We have a roof terrace with weatherproof desk pods as well as showers, bike racks and a gym. We run a regular events/social program and the building is dog friendly!
- Competitive salary - option to increase by opting for 40 hours per week rather than 37 hours
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus annually dependent upon personal performance
- Annual pay review
- Relaxed dress code, flexible working and case by case remote working
- Pluralsight account - unlimited online training for development and DevOps skills
- Employee Learning Scheme - £250 per year towards any learning activity of your choice
- Discounts for a whole range of retailers and experiences i.e. 10% at Boots, 20% at EE and 5% at Sainsbury's
- Privilege car scheme - discounts on our vehicles for you and some family members