Front End Developer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
FRONT END DEVELOPER
Our team is growing, and it's exciting! By joining us, you'd be working on some of the top dating and social brands in the industry - not only Badoo, but also Bumble, Chappy, Lumen and Quack. It really is an exciting time to get on board: after all, the features we develop and the optimisations we make are delivered to millions of people across the globe. On top of that, you'll get the chance to try your hand at modular cross-app architecture and write modules to be integrated into multiple brands.We're looking for someone who combines strong technical skills, extensive experience in product development and a pragmatic, results-oriented approach.
- Design the architecture, plan, develop and release new features for our millions of global users
- Take the lead on new features as required
- Server-side API: strictly typed and well defined data-only API
- Communicate well and be an efficient and responsible team member
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Extensive full-time development experience (ideally five or more years)
- Ability to write functional and modular code that will be supported for a long time
- Knowledge of internet stack: HTTP, Linux, Nginx, Node.js desirable
- Experience with one of the server-side scripting languages desirable
- Background in high load project work, optimising code and performance desirable
- Being flexible and able to adapt to new requirements quickly
There's nothing ordinary about working at Badoo. We're just as social as our product and don't hide behind our computers. Innovation is key to what we do and since we're a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. We're a diverse, international bunch and are based in amazing offices in Soho, with perks to match.
Badoo is the largest dating network in the world. With 400 million users across 190 countries and 450 employees worldwide, Badoo provides the best technology for people to meet, because happiness is better shared.
Each day more than 400,000 people sign up for a Badoo experience; users send over 350 million messages and 10 million photos are added to the Badoo platform.
Badoo also operates a number of white label licences for various international brands. For more information, please visit badoo.com.
Badoo is an equal opportunities employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
The strength of our workforce is made up of people from diverse backgrounds. All individuals here will be treated in a fair and equal manner based on the principles of professional merit. We commit to making any and all reasonable adjustments to your working conditions if you are disabled or impaired. It is important to remember that although some disabilities are apparent, many widely occurring disabilities, such as mental ill-health, epilepsy, diabetes and dyslexia are often not immediately evident. We are keen that applicants who have an ongoing disability make us aware of this, so we can make sure we can provide the most appropriate help and support
Our Office & Benefits:
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Critical illness & travel insurance
- Corporate gym membership
- Eyecare vouchers
- Gourmet meals each day
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Contributory pension scheme
- Subsidised tube pass or bike
- In-house massages & haircuts
- Childcare vouchers