C# .NET Web Developer
UK Atomic Energy Authority
£33441 - £37579
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
C# .NET Web Developer
C# .NET Web Developer
Permanent Full Time
£33,441 - £37,579 (inclusive of MPP) + excellent benefits including outstanding pension scheme
24th May 2019
Do you have working C#, and front-end web application development experience?
Do you have a bachelor`s degree in software engineering or related subject?
If so, we have an opportunity for an experienced, full stack web application developer to take responsibility for the development of internal process and operations management software, encompassing distributed information systems architecture, as well as user interface design, and integration with robotic systems.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Writing front and back end components for use with robotic systems
- Design and implementation of database and application infrastructure and services
- Supporting other engineers and managers with application issues (e.g usability, bugs, training requirements, configuration)
- Acting as sole or primary interface to internal and external collaborators on project work or areas of specific expertise
- Acting as a key resource contributing to the remote handling operations of JET, the world`s largest magnetically confined fusion experiment
- Contributing to the ongoing improvement of internal development processes and deployment infrastructure
The UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) offers a range of excellent benefits which are fully explained in the application pack, including 25 days annual leave plus 10.5 days (including bank holidays and privilege days).
You will work within our RACE (Remote Applications in Challenging Environments) Department which is a business unit, based at Culham, within the UK Atomic Energy Authority specialising in remote handling and automated systems. As part of the global programme for fusion, RACE is developing remote handling systems for the next generations of power stations.
RACE have a dynamic, and highly motivated team of over 100 engineers, scientists and technicians devoted to building systems that perform tasks in some of the most extreme environments in the world. You will work with other enthusiastic and multi-talented control and software engineers with a wide variety of skills and experience.
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading-edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
Knowledge skills and experience
-Bachelor`s degree in software engineering or a related subject
-Significant experience working in web application development
-Experience of design and practical implementation of large Web Application architecture, and knowledge of Web APIs and services.
-Experience with database design and interrogation (SQL).
-Experience with ASP.NET, MVC, and Entity Framework
-A strong understanding of software engineering techniques and design principles including lifecycle, version control (Git, SVN etc..), documentation and unit testing.
-Experience and or interest in Robotics / Machine Learning / Computer Vision / Automated Planning.
-Experience with Data Analysis and Reporting services.
-Experience with computer graphics, VR, and AR.
-Experience with application hosting, microservices and containerisation technologies.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
- As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
-Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.