£282 - £282
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Network Analyst- London- 3 Months.
Candidates should hold SC Clearance or be eligible and willing to undergo the process
The role holder is self-sufficient and has recognized specialist skills in supporting multiple products for multiple customers in order to maintain the availability and security of the service. The role holder also delivers medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects and has the ability to understand complex situations and activities, also being able to communicate basic technical information to non-technical people.
* Technical Capability. Works within a team as an established systems/product/security specialist (e.g. detailed knowledge of the configuration of interlinked systems, implementing technical changes, building software regimes and contributing technically to service development) to support end users.
* Process. Follows established processes, releasing to the change control process verified, validated and documented enhancements to eliminate problems and proactively develop the service.
* Service Level. Recognizes opportunities to improve performance against Service Level. Acts as a point of escalation for other team members to resolve service delivery issues. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Project Work. Works within the team or under guidance from the project manager with implementation of technical designs to meet service delivery requirements within own area of responsibility.
* Customer Relationship. Establishes working relationships with customer's organization to deliver and enhance the service.
* Problem Solving. Takes ownership in obtaining the information, evidence and data required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems (new and known), Escalates or gains support where appropriate. Proactively analyzes, trends and reports on information (e.g. on performance service levels) in a timely manner to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
* Team Working. Trains and coaches members of the team to provide knowledge, assistance and advice. Works in a problem solving team to resolve service issues. Able to stand in for team manager.
* Business Awareness. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service. Recognizes and reports opportunities for additional business.
* Professional Development. Maintains awareness of technical and service developments, taking the initiative to extend own knowledge to learn about products, technologies and techniques to deliver enhanced service.
* Senior Network Analyst. Working to a controlled shift pattern, responsible for day to day monitoring and management of the network; initial network incident diagnosis; network incident reception; and pro-active management of alarms.
* shift working. 24/7
Mandatory Skills Required:
* High Technical knowledge of networks, network security and their configuration and operational processes
* Proven commercial networking experience.
* Strong, in depth knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. Encryptors, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and subnet addressing.
* Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware, Experience of network implementation work.
* Good Network Management, Security and Configuration understanding
* Working knowledge of ISDN, VPN, Broadband solutions.
* Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* UK national
Desirable Skills Required:
* Cisco Certified Network Associate.
* Previous experience of network design.
* ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
* Understanding of network security.