Application Support & Development Analyst
£30000 - £40000
2M Employment Solutions
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Application Support & Development Analyst
The SCISYS Group is a leading developer of IT services. We develop robust, real-world application solutions and provide supporting services that create real business benefit.
SCISYS has delivered solutions and services in a range of markets including government, defence, marine, environment and space.
We have an opportunity for an Application Support & Development Analyst within our Enterprise Solutions and Defence Division. The team provide ISO20000 accredited support services for a number public and private sector customers.
The role requires someone with excellent technical skills as well as having an aptitude for delivering services in a customer facing role. Whilst this role is predominately a Technical Support role, it requires individuals to have a good understanding of application development principles and to have experience of development, maintenance and deployment of software.
Working with the service delivery and project teams, responsibilities will include:
* 2nd and 3rd line application support for customer applications, delivered within agreed service levels
* Development work resulting from customer changes requests
* Liaison with the service delivery and project teams to provide application fixes and workarounds, data fixes
* Communication with the customer helping them to understand complex technical issues
* System build and release management and support
* Support for database and application upgrades on externally hosted environments
* Reporting of software issues to relevant third parties e.g. IBM, Oracle etc.
* Be available for occasional scheduled out of hours weekend and evening work
* Experience providing 2nd and 3rd line technical support
* Strong VB.NET
* Strong SQL Server 2012 or later experience including Reporting Services
* Experience of web services, SOAP/XML
* Experience of build management and release processes
* Knowledge of Unix/Linux
* Knowledge of SQL & Powershell scripting
* Knowledge of Cloud Computing
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Good organisational skills
* Willingness to learn new skills.
Desirable skills - with knowledge or experience in at least some of the following:
* C#, ASP.NET, Web API, MVC 5
* Experience of MS Visual Studio, Visual Basic 6.0
* Experience of Oracle 9.0 or later
* Cloud computing environments - AWS, Azure
* Automated Testing - Selenium, JMeter
* Open Source Products - MySQL, Alfresco, Joomla, Drupal, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite
* Open Source databases - MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite
* Open Source GIS - PotsGIS, GeoServer, Geonode, Geotools, QGIS
* IBM Websphere, Oracle Weblogic, JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat
* HTML, CSS, JSP, PHP
* Web Services - WSDL, SOAP, REST
* Configuration & Build Management - SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Git
* Mobile Development - iOS, Android
* Legacy Technologies - Delphi / Object Pascal, VBA and MSAccess, Oracle Forms
* Application monitoring e.g. Nagios, Graylog
* Cherwell CSM
* ITIL processes
As an individual, you will need to be a self-starter and capable of working under your own initiative to meet deadlines. You will need to have good interpersonal and communication skills and be prepared to be flexible in working throughout the development and support lifecycle. You will have an aptitude and willingness to learn new technical skills.
The role will be based in Chippenham but is likely that assignments will mean work may be undertaken at other SCISYS locations and customer sites within the UK. The candidate will also need to be available for occasional scheduled weekend and evening work, when required.
SCISYS offers excellent technical and personal development training and will provide the successful candidate with all necessary additional training in order to fulfil the role.
Any other information e.g. dual location, special security clearance, foreign languages:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Must be able to obtain SC clearance
SCISYS offers a comprehensive range of benefits including pension, life assurance and private healthcare.
In order to continue your application, please click 'Apply' and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.