£35000 - £35000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client fights the causes of poverty on an international scale through the use of data to help drive sustainable development and the allocation of finance and resources to the right areas at the right time.
Since they were established in 1993, their expertise and passion has been rooted in the role data can play. They are focused on getting better data on poverty and vulnerability, so they know where need is greatest and whether efforts are working.
They are now looking for a Data Scientist to join them in Bristol and help to ensure that they remain at the forefront of the revolution for sustainable data in development.
- Salary of up to £35,000 per annum
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme with 5% contribution
- Health cash scheme with employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and sick pay policies
- Casual dress code
- Offices just five minutes from Temple Meads train station
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for a cause that addresses poverty or helps vulnerable people
- Buy/sell holiday scheme
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays and discretionary paid time off at Christmas
Our client works in a fast-paced environment where they need to be able to respond to new situations quickly and creatively. As such, they need amazing people on their team to help them achieve their goal of ending poverty and ensuring support is provided to those across the world who are most vulnerable.
They are truly passionate about their vision and provide a culture of honesty and openness where teams are encouraged to think outside the box and empowered to perform at their best.
Ever wanted to change the world? Well, now’s your chance. Join our client to find out how much of a difference you could make.
As a Data Scientist, you will help our client to utilise and improve development-related data to tackle poverty on a worldwide scale.
In this vital role, you will be their master of data discovery, access, manipulation, preparation, analysis and visualisation.
You’ll become an expert on the development data landscape and work with teams to understand their data needs, prepare, manipulate and analyse their data and translate the outcome of their work into meaningful visualisations.
Specifically, you will:
- Become an expert on the development data landscape
- Liaise with colleagues to understand their data needs
- Use statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualisation techniques to find opportunities for teams
- Participate in our client’s work mapping data landscapes in developing countries
- Build and maintain relationships with external data producers and users
- Investigate, trial and build new and innovative data sources
To join our client as a Data Scientist, you’ll need:
- Experience in a research environment, dealing with complex data
- A postgraduate qualification or equivalent in data science, statistics, scientific research, semantics or a similar discipline
- The ability to communicate with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
- A determined, patient and pragmatic approach to problem-solving
Ideally, you’ll have a technical certificate in a programming related discipline. Experience of working in international development would also be beneficial.
Other companies may call this role Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data & Insight Analyst, Data Insight Specialist, Analyst, Programmer, Research Analyst or Scientific Research Analyst.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and in line with their policies, they aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Data Scientist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.