Technical Architect (Providing Digital Service)
£500 - £700
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Technical Architect (Digital Service Provision), Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect, TOGAF, Scrum, Agile, Kaban, GDS, Government Digital Services, Stakeholders, Project Manager. Programme Manager, Prince, Software Architecture, DevOps, HTML, CCS, NodeJS, Azure, Microsoft, GitHub, Platform, Tech Lead, Education, School, University,
An opportunity has arisen for a technical architect to work with the client's Commercial Team to help us deliver a digital service designed to help schools save money when buying goods and services for their school.
You will be joining an existing multi-disciplinary team consisting of delivery manager, product manager, user researcher, interaction designer, content designer and a senior developer
As the technical architect on this project you will be ensuring the service fits into the overall departmental strategy. You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary user-focused digital delivery team, within a wider programme of work across the schools commercial team. You will work closely with the delivery team to help design and develop a simple and sustainable service, including considerations for operability. You will also need to collaborate with colleagues across the client to evolve the department's approach to digital, and how this service aligns to it.
Ideally co-located with the team in Sheffield but consideration will be given to remote working. Occasional travel to other client sites may be required. We will operate using agile methodology including daily stand ups, sprint planning, sprints, retrospectives and show and tells. Face to face attendance at all Show and Tells is expected.
Key Skills / Experience
* Comprehensive and recent experience designing and implementing web-based software systems and/or digital services
* Proven capability in managing technology implementation projects and in presenting to/working with stakeholders at every level of seniority
* Demonstrable track record of successfully taking an evolutionary approach to software architecture
* Experience working on technical projects within an agile team
* Experience collaborating with senior technical staff across multiple projects and programmes
* An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
* Recent experience of hands-on server-side software development
* Ability to develop efficient and clear code and systems
* Experience of incorporating operational and infrastructure concerns when architecting systems
* Experience of architecting for simplicity and operability in cloud and/or PaaS environments
* Familiarity with DevOps and continuous iterative delivery principles
* Experience building services to the Digital Service Standard
* Experience in progressing a service from alpha into private beta
* Experience of using NodeJS to build and run production systems
* Understanding and experience of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
* Experience acting as a "tech lead" on complex projects, providing support for product and delivery management and pragmatically weighing the complexities involved against the need to act
* Experience running a production service, including setting up appropriate monitoring and alerting
* Experience of using GitHub and/or working in the open
* Experience of deploying applications to run on Platform as a Service offerings
* Experience with Microsoft Azure