Mission Systems Software Engineer - Autonomous Platforms
||Fleet or Bristol
Boeing Company Background
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defence, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defence systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
Boeing Defence UK
Boeing Defence UK is a wholly integrated subsidiary of the Boeing Company and part of Boeing Defence Space and Security Global Operations. Employing more than 1,400 people in the UK, it supports major programmes such as Apache, Chinook, C-17 and P-8A in addition to major R&D programmes in collaboration with Boeing Defence Space and Security Phantom Works International. Phantom Works creates and advances new products and capabilities by drawing on its expertise in innovation, advanced experimentation and prototyping.
The role is a specific to the Mission Systems Software Engineering requirements of an Unmanned Autonomous Air Platform Research and Development Programme. The role will operate in an innovative dynamic aerospace R&D environment and UAS and Mission Systems experience is essential.
We are looking for innovative and forward thinking individuals with the right ambition and drive to lead and succeed in our Mission Systems Capability in support of our Phantom Works International Team. With an advanced background in Aerospace, Autonomous Platforms, Mission Systems and Software Engineering the individual will thrive on being accountable and taking responsibility within adaptable team structures chartered with the innovation necessary to create differentiating concepts, solutions and products at high velocity. The individual will be comfortable working to exacting and accredited quality standards using contemporary tools and methods designed to expedite the transition from concept to product. The successful individual will work in an advanced and agile model based systems engineering and simulation environment, contributing to all Mission Systems aspects of the concept and product development lifecycle.
• Strong appreciation of Model Based Systems Engineering principles and practices
• Strong appreciation of Platform, system and subsystem full lifecycle Systems engineering principles and practices
• Sound working knowledge of Mission System Sensors and Effectors
• Strong knowledge and contemporary practical experience developing in C++ (11/14)
• Experience of Distributed Architectures (e.g.DDS)
• Familiarity with concepts of Experiment Design for Operational Analysis
• Familiarity of Computer Generated Forces and Mission Simulation experience.
• Ability to work effectively within a small team environment and with people across all organisational levels spanning the enterprise
• Knowledge and experience of Unmanned / Autonomous Air Platform Mission Systems Engineering
• Knowledge and experience of Airborne Missions System Software Architectures, Designs and Standards
• Practical experience with popular native C++ frameworks (Qt, Boost)
• Experience working on complex software projects using object orientated languages
• Practical experience with continuous integration and delivery (Git, JIRA, JIRA Agile, Bamboo)
• Experience of the UK Research and Development community and requirements base is highly desirable.
• Experience working with subcontracted software requirements
This role can be based out of Fleet or Bristol.
Security clearance (SC) or the ability to gain it is required.
• Minimum 2:1 Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or closely technical related field
• Experience in the desired technical disciplines
• Relevant CEng Chartership desirable but not Essential.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.