Boeing Company Background
Boeing is the world’s leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial and military aircraft, with capabilities in rotorcraft, electronic and defence systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. Our reach extends to customers in 145 countries around the world, and we are the number one U.S exporter in terms of sales.
We are looking for innovative, enthusiastic, open minded and forward thinking individuals with the right ambition and drive to succeed in our enterprise leading Software Engineering Capability. The individual will thrive working within adaptable team structures chartered with the innovation necessary to create differentiating concepts, solutions and products at high velocity. The individual will be comfortable working to exacting and accredited quality standards using contemporary tools and methods designed to expedite the transition from concept to product. The successful individual will work in an agile development environment, and contribute to all aspects of the concept and product development lifecycle on a variety of both internally funded and externally contracted projects.
This role is specific to the development of innovative models and aerospace simulations in the Civil / Commercial Aircraft domain with the potential to support adjacent projects in Defence. Part of a growing local team, direct collaboration with colleagues in Australia and the US will be an integral part of this role with some potential for travel.
• Experience working on complex software projects using object orientated languages
• Experience with continuous integration and delivery (Git, JIRA, JIRA Agile, Bamboo)
• Ability to work effectively within a small team environment and with people across all organisational levels
• Knowledge of modern C++ principles and practice (C++11 / 14)
• Experience with popular native C++ frameworks (Qt, Boost)
• Experience in Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) modelling & simulation technologies and standards (DIS / HLA)
• Experience with modern 3D graphics development (OpenGL 3.x+ / OpenSceneGraph)
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Experience in the desired technical disciplines
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical related field require
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Security clearance (SC) or the ability to gain it is required.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY