|Listed on:||24th December 2018|
Cazenove Capital is part of the Schroders group and provides a complete wealth management service by delivering tailored portfolio management and wealth planning, together with banking and treasury services.
Private individuals, family offices, trusts, businesses and pension plans all rely on us to provide them with bespoke, discretionary and advisory investment services. We are a leading charity fund manager in the UK.
We employ over 700 talented people worldwide operating from 16 offices in 9 different countries across Europe and Asia with over £41billion of assets under management.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to in vesting, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Zurich, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
The software engineering and technology change function is split between 5 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations and Data; Distribution and Product; Corporate; Wealth and; Digital. In addition there are teams which operate as shared services to provide Technology Infrastructure, Production Services (production support, release and access control), Quality Assurance, Information Security and Business Management (change management, assurance and reporting).
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders’ operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail oriented Business Analyst to join our growing global team. You will have experience working on a leading banking platform and be someone who’s ready to take on a new challenge. You will work closely with business and technology and be a core part of our team to help shape our wealth business for years to come.
And be ready to hone new skills, too. You’ll stick with your projects through and be responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence.
The Client Servicing team is a core capability for our Wealth business. It is an enabler for our front office and is core to driving scalable growth. You will also help support the business on our nearer term and strategic initiatives. These projects will range from our online platform, new mobile app offering, reporting to streamlining front office processes and regulatory change.
What you will need to do
You will work in a SCRUM team within technology, working primarily on the analysis and implementation of client facing and front office systems here at Schroders. This will see you work across all areas of our Wealth Business to understand their requirements to fully integrate a scalable and productive platform.
You will be working in a truly agile environment, liaising with colleagues globally and influencing technical decision making. We will invest in you and your development, and you will have the opportunity to work internationally and across technology, (30% of our hires come from internal mobility within Tech!).
Work in an agile way:
• look after all formal aspects of ongoing projects: organizing project meetings/ceremonies, maintaining documents and minutes, identifying problems and risk and monitoring progress against the team’s roadmap
• meet your own PI and Sprint objectives
• play a big part in ‘ceremonies’
• create and check user stories
• understand how your stories fit with our Epics
• get involved in the development and testing of features
• work with our other agile and shared service teams to let them up to speed with dependencies.
Raise our game:
• reflect on your projects, looking for and sharing ways to improve
• broaden your team's horizons, boosting their analysis, testing and software development skills (remembering to keep developing your own skills, too)
• broaden the whole organisation’s horizons, too by leading guilds and communities.
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
• Experience working with a leading banking platform - knowledge of T24 is a plus
• Experience with regulatory topics (Mifid II, GDPR, Fidleg)
• Experience in documenting functional and non-functional requirements as well as process and data flow mapping.
• Experience in producing UI/front end mock ups and user journey mapping.
• Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions.
• Excellent ability communicate how the work (eg features and stories) delivered by the teams contributes to Epics and Business objectives.
• An undergraduate degree (or equivalent). We prefer computer science, economics or a similar subject
What you will be like
• Meticulous: you have thought through the details and you understand their implications.
• Enthusiastic: you love what you do. And that makes you the kind of colleague everyone wants to follow
• Friendly: people the world over like working with you, and they’re never afraid to ask you for help
• Interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
• Calm: you’re positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times
• Gutsy: you know 'good' isn’t good enough. So you solve problems and challenge the status quo to find better ways to do things.