Senior Full Stack Engineer
||19th December 2018
||Welwyn Garden City
||£50,000 - £55,000
||Competitive + benefits
At Figleaves we lead the way in lingerie and swimwear, using our years of insider knowledge and expertise to create the perfect fit. We're always striving for new ways to inspire, inform and excite and have recently won accolades including UK Lingerie Awards 2018: Online Retailer of the Year.
Established in 1999 Figleaves was an extraordinary innovation - a first mover ecommerce pure-play fusing cutting edge commerce tech, data science and product knowledge to establish a UK & US lingerie destination.
Twenty years later, ecommerce has redefined retail across the globe and we’re now facing into a new set of opportunities. With a stronger own brand product proposition built on our legacy of ‘lingerie fit’ expertise we will accelerate our investment in growing Figleaves Swimwear and establish a new Sports product category. To grow faster, we will diversify our routes to market through wholesale and international expansion.
As part of our growth we are looking for an experienced full stack ecommerce engineer to join our technology team. As a senior team member, you will play a lead role in designing, developing, testing, deploying and supporting enhancements to the Figleaves ecommerce platform. In this, you will collaborate closely with technology team members and the wider business to help define and implement solutions to support our overall strategy.
This position is what you make it — and the sky’s the limit. As a key contributor to converting our ideas into value. You collaborate with other team members to investigate best design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility. You are a key part of a team that acts collectively to achieve our goals, using lean and agile software delivery techniques.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Figleaves at a time of real change.
Personal Qualities and Experience
• In-depth knowledge of software development and the delivery life cycle required to implement end-to-end solutions that create business value.
• A broad understanding of the infrastructure, application and technology components making up an ecommerce platform. Familiar with Cloud technologies, PaaS, SaaS and IaaS concepts.
• Keen interest in the latest technology trends and innovation and the ability to relate back in to an online business.
• Ability to apply experience and understanding of software development to create well structured, maintainable software applications that are assets for Figleaves.
• Skilled in debugging complex problems to support and maintain the Figleaves software solutions.
• Can demonstrate a strong understanding of secure code and designs principles.
• Experience of working with external technology partners within an Ecommerce environment.
• Comfortable working a part of a cross functional team able to contribute to analysis and
resolution of incidents with existing applications to include documentation of key issues and
root cause analysis.
• Excellent communication skills and able to understand complex concepts and communicate
them to stakeholders in a simple manner.
• Takes pride in knowledge sharing through coaching, mentoring and developing others.
Core Technical skills
• Microsoft.NET (VB.net, ASP.net and C#.net
Desirable Technical skills
• Cloud Technologies such as AWS,Azure,VMware Vsphere
• Sales Force Commerce Cloud formally Demandware
• Unit testing, TDD, BDD approaches
• Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean Principles
• CI/CD Tools
• MonitoringAlerting - SCOM, Cloud Watch, ELK Stack
• Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible)
• Containers and Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days holiday per annum with the opportunity to purchase an extra 10 days
• Company pension scheme
• Private medical insurance scheme
• Life assurance
• Generous staff discount
• Free on-site parking
• Breakfast, tea and coffee is on us!
• Payday breakfast!
• If you work at our head office, you will have access to a free onsite gym
Please can all applicants confirm their eligibility to work in the UK upon application. Please note, due to a high volume of applications we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.