SC Cleared Programme Manager
18th December 2018
£600 - £700
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: SC cleared Programme Manager
Location: Telford (50%) / Client site (Manchester & Southend 50%)
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: ASAP
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
Our client are at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
You will be based on site working with one of the UK's most digital organisations and leading the technology revolution across the public sector. With over 50 million customers at the heart of everything they do the scope and impact of your work is limitless. As a team, they're not afraid to try new technologies and new ways of working.
As a Programme Manager for the Border Systems Projects (BSP) on behalf of the Data Engineering delivery group, you will take responsibility for the successful delivery and management of complex, high impact projects, the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects.
* You will be expected to attend Project Board and Resource Management Board on behalf of Data Engineering on a fortnightly basis.
* You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are enthusiastic about the work they are undertaking.
* You'll be adept at breaking down barriers for your team or teams, providing leadership and planning at high level as well as getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
* This is a demanding role where you will need to engage across businesses to ensure that business requirements are understood and translated into operational plans that deliver tangible benefits. This will involve managing and monitoring staffing requirements and resource plans; inter-dependencies and project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies; escalating where necessary through the correct channels.
* Using best practices of Agile and Lean principles and methodologies you will ensure that the project is delivered on time and to the specified quality. You will work closely with Scrum Masters on agile projects to deliver the required technical artefacts.
Mandatory Business Skills
* Led successful delivery of enterprise software
· Successfully applied Agile/XP/Scrum/Kanban practices and introduced Agile techniques.
· An understanding of how Agile practices help deliver quality products and services at scale
· Experience in promoting/coaching agile practices across an organisation
· Experience in managing cross-functional teams
· Experience of scaling Agile within a delivery programme
· Experience of administrating JIRA, JIRA Agile and Confluence
· Strong understanding of software development principals and solution architecture
· Understanding of the digital landscape
· Flexible in working practices
· Exceptional people skills including ability to command the confidence from stakeholders, team members and business sponsors
* Knowledge and experience of delivery within a Service Oriented Architecture Experience of delivering projects for a government department or agencies
The successful candidate will be SC cleared or eligible and willing to undergo the relevant checks.
Please submit CVs in the first instance.