SAP Basis Consultant
What it’s about
Cambridge Assessment is in the process of transforming its core IT systems. Your role will be to help deliver IT services which allow the business to enhance, innovate and transform. This is an exciting moment to join our organisation and help us to achieve our goals and objectives in support of the overall roadmap and strategy.
What you'll be doing
As a SAP Basis Consultant, you will:
• Be responsible for successful delivery of SAP System technical project support and implementation timelines
• Ensure the SAP based systems operate reliably and efficiently in a secure environment. This includes assisting with the configuration and maintenance of High Availability and Disaster Recovery of SAP Solutions
• Ensure the adherence of SAP standards and best practices
• Consult on enhancements to SAP platforms or upgrades with correct use of SAP architecture
• Deliver quality documentations for the SAP environments
• Provide support for other applications and services as requested by the SAP Basis team leader
• Carry out Knowledge Transfer to the rest of the team
• Complete an evaluation and research of new trends in the SAP Solution area
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• A detailed understanding of SAP & SAP methodologies
• Strong technical knowledge in the appropriate skill sets
• Able to map technical business needs to SAP architectures, standards and reusable assets
• Able to understand networking including firewall, ports and load balancers
• Good understanding of Service Management processes
• You are a proactive and communicative team player with a critical, yet result-oriented and positive attitude
• You are used to providing the required input in order to enable management decisions
• Expert technology skills in the given technology through formal training and relevant experience
• Knowledge of relevant methodologies such as Scrum / Agile / Accelerated SAP (ASAP)
• Problem solving and time management skills
• Strong motivational and 'can do' attitude
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 16/12/2018 and interviews will be held on the following week.
Going forward all Job Description content will be incorporated into the body of our Job Adverts. This allows candidates to read all the job information no matter where they have seen the job role. A separate job description document may be sent out at the interview invite stage but will include the same content as our advert.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.