Avanade is currently for a hands-on and technical Azure Consultant with an experience in designing architecture solutions for Azure Infrastructure. This role is a mixture of a hands-on responsibilities as well as creating high and low-level designs.
Please note: Travel up to 80% is expected, typically domestically but some international travel periodically required.
What are we looking for in an Azure Architect?
• Recent Microsoft Azure Certifications
• Strong experience writing cloud designs
• Working with and managing expectations of key client stakeholders
• Current, hands on experience (solution implementation and deployment)
• DevOps experience using modern engineering platforms, preferably Visual Studio Team Services (however other technologies are important)
• Experience in leading a project from end to end
• Experience in being a team/project lead
About the role (Azure Architect)
• The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, installs and configures enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients.
• We are looking for highly skilled Azure Technical Architects to join us who can bring deep expertise in public, private and hybrid cloud solutions based on Microsoft Azure.
• You will be joining our UK Infrastructure Consulting practice as a Managing Architect, where you will be responsible for leading client delivery with Microsoft cloud technologies.
• You may also be involved in supporting our solution sales teams to shape and win our cloud engagements.
• As a senior member of the practice, you will have wider internal responsibilities, helping to run our practice and develop our cloud capability in both technical and soft skills.
As an Azure Architect, on daily basis, you will:
• Own delivery responsibilities for client engagements, including but not limited to Azure cloud transformation, application migration/modernization, security & identity assessments, networking assessments and design, and workload migration & optimization
• Deliver technical leadership and architecture on our engagements, and provide feedback around the evolution of the solution
• Provide Azure and cloud sales support, including estimating, high-level solution development, cloud strategy, and workshop delivery.
• Shape end-to-end solutions and solution architectures for cloud transformation and modernization, including estimation, solution planning and collaborating with the appropriate Accenture and Avanade teams to create the optimal client outcome
• Partner with other solution architects and global product management to define standardized solution and services baselines, application add-ons and industrialized delivery options
• Work closely with Market Unit Leads, serving as a subject matter expert in cloud solution architecture and solutions; support regional teams with their capability development and skills growth; collaborate with delivery center solution architects and contribute to the Avanade collaboration community, including authoring internal and public blog posts.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
What we offer:
This is an exciting and rewarding role to be in. You will have an exposure to work on different top Microsoft stack technologies but also a great opportunity to develop yourself.
We are encouraging our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies
We are looking for people with a real passion, dynamic approach and enthusiasm for technology!
You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including continuing professional technology training and management training