||Houghton Le Spring, North East
In this role, the Software Engineer delivers exceptional software solutions, which are secure, appropriately tested, perform well and help provide engaging customer experience The software Engineer is accountable for providing exceptional software solutions. The Software Engineer is accountable for providing exceptional software solutions.
Who We Are
Leighton is an award-winning integrated technology business. We create some of the world’s most cutting-edge software products. We use vision, creativity and expertise to connect businesses with their customers and drive commercial success across multiple touchpoints. Working with us isn’t just about achieving the end result, its about what we do to get there, changing the you think about your business and the benefits of digital forever.,
The Leighton culture defines how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues and customers. It makes us unique and provides us with a competitive advantage
• We act with honesty and truth, always!
• We are a canny family who really cares in a geeky, crazy, fun kind of way
• We nurture our amazing people to be the best version of themselves
• Passionate about what we do, proud of what we achieve
• Our curiosity inspires the amazing
Main Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the following; however this is not an exhaustive list and you maybe required to carry out other duties that the business deem fit.
• Turn concepts and requirements into exceptional, highly available, quality, web applications using industry standard languages and technologies
• Implement highly modular and maintainable components across a horizontally scalable application framework designed to maximise reuse across multiple channels.
• Deliver exceptional software solutions to specification and on-schedule.
• Participate in the definition of scope of projects and estimates of timescales for development and maintenance work.
• Produce accurate and unambiguous functional and technical documentation of products, systems and services prior to and during development.
• Proactively suggest ways to improve the quality of software releases. Work with the team to ensure that development follows best practice and the Leighton delivery model.
• Share your expertise with other team members and be eager to learn from them as well.
• Software Engineers
• Delivery Team Leader
• Solution Design Team
• Project Delivery Team
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Commercial experience of working in software development (1+ years) or demonstratable experience
• Proficient in 1x desired software language (HTML, CSS, JS, Node.js, JAVA, development of modern RESTful API or strong in another server side technology, SQL or NoSQL databases)
• Appreciation of OWASP top 10
• Demonstrable understanding of accessibility best practices
• History of working with QA and testing teams to deliver a quality product (automated testing framework desirable)
• Working knowledge of databases and dynamic content is desirable
• Knowledge of Angular or comparative frameworks that use MVC
• Ability to produce accurate documentation
• Ability to analyse information
• Programming experience from a relevant degree is desirable
• An open and genuine communicator
• Able to take responsibility for your actions
• Always learning and wanting to improve
• Takes responsibility for own development
• Love what you do
• Value and support your team
• Embrace who you are
• Open minded and willing to explore new ideas