A well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK has an exciting opportunity for an 11kv Planner, to work within a DNO on a major and prestigious project based in the Midlands. You will be working from their depots in Worcester and Birmingham. This is a fast-paced, high-value project that will potentially run for 5 years or more.
As a national business, they pride themselves on their first-class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year. As an 11kv Planner, your daily duties will include:
To be a successful 11kv Planner, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Connection designing (including feasibility studies, quotes for new loads/embedded generation/new connections).
- Designing 11kv network reinforcement/replacement and automation schemes including load flow and fault level analysis.
- Progressing consents, capital sanctions, connection offers, orders and agreements.
- Preparing technical reports.
- Routing and tracking of jobs/projects on computer systems/databases.
- Technical support and coordination with Network Services planners.
- Co-ordination with Primary Design on 33kV schemes.
- Performing on-site Power Quality measurements.
- Previous experience in network modelling and analysis.
- Experience in the use of Crown, Des/Emu, Windebut, HV Genie and other design tools would be beneficial but not essential.
- The ability to present information in a clear and reasoned way.
- An HNC/HND or equivalent qualification would be beneficial but is not essential.
This is an on-going temporary contract. Your working hours will be 08:00 - 16:00.
In return, an 11kv Planner will receive a salary of £43, 972 - £49,138 per annum, up to 26 days holiday and free onsite parking.
To apply for this role, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.