||£60,000 - £70,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Solutions Architect - The Solutions Architect will work alongside the technical team, sales teams and prospects/customers to design solutions that meet the needs of the business. You will be responsible for designing and presenting solutions to the customer and staff through discussion, presentations, whiteboard workshops, proposals and diagrams.
* Partner with the business to understand sector and business units strategy and agree IT solutions to meet their needs
* Maintain an awareness of business solutions such as Fleet/Asset Management, ERP, Business Intelligence and CRM and other relevant technologies that might support business mission
* Lead in designing, specifying and selecting IT solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
* Develop and maintain a model of the current and future IT systems architecture, integration and solutions roadmap
* Understand and support to software architecture design and support development team in developing solutions
* Support bids and business change in estimating cost, and preparing business cases for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support
* Work with the Project Managers, other Architects and Business Analysts to develop high level project definitions for implementation of projects.
* Work closely with the IT leadership team to ensure solutions are transitioned seamlessly from pipeline to delivery and the solution delivers what was designed.
* Experience in a professional applications senior role such as technical lead, team lead, architect, or other hands on leadership role ideally for a major consultancy or system integrator
* Experiencing in assessing a broad range of IT solutions and products
* Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Some experience of with working with board level stakeholders.
* Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
* Ability to develop and cost high level solution architecture designs
* Experience of supporting bids
* Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
* Experience of working with engineering and technical leads to define asset information specifications and standards for complex and critical assets.
Applicants must have, or be able to obtain, SC security clearance
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Life Assurance
* Share Scheme
* Flexible Benefits: Childcare vouchers, Health Care Cash Plan, Bike Scheme etc.