Data modelling and visualisation professional
||Scriptoria Sustainable Development Communications
||Please set out your salary expectations in your covering letter.
Data modelling and visualisation professional - Exciting new role in South West London working on projects focused on combating poverty and climate change
What we need: We are seeking an experienced data modelling and visualisation professional with strong analytical skills to help improve the use of agricultural research data in order to improve crop production in Africa.
The ability to plan and build in MySQL and SQL Server and to visualise data using systems such as PowerBI and/or Tableau are key to this role, as is the ability to write front-end data-entry systems.
Who we are: Based in South West London, we’re an ethical company with a strong commitment to doing good. Your work will involve helping our mainly non-profit clients (including scientists and researchers working in Africa and Asia) to better manage information to combat poverty, disease and climate change.
Technical experience required:
• Strong database development skills in MySQL and/or SQL Server
• Strong experience in data analysis and visualisation in Power BI (Cloud Services & Power BI Desktop) including connecting multiple data sources, modelling data, and cleaning and transforming data
• Ability to write front-end systems to allow data entry
• Experience developing Business Intelligence applications with SSAS, SSRS
• Experience and/or qualifications in Microsoft Azure
• Ideally, experience in software engineering (producing code)
Nice to have
• Relevant Microsoft certifications
• Experience in the O365 stack (especially SharePoint online)
The successful candidate must have 5 plus years of proven commercial experience in similar roles, with at least three years working as a data analyst.
What you will do: You will help us to design, implement and maintain databases and data visualisation solutions for our clients.
Duties will include
(i) Working with clients to identify their needs and identify cost-effective solutions;
(ii) Budgeting, quoting, planning and managing the implementation of solutions;
(iii) Building, implementing and maintaining solutions as required; and
(iv) Managing the input of external suppliers when needed on larger projects.
Personality attributes: You will be
• A flexible, delivery/deadline-focused individual able to manage both yourself and others
• A self-starter who takes responsibility for the quality, completeness, timeliness and accuracy of your work and the work of those you manage
• Able to communicate at all levels, relay key issues and understand third-party interests
• Able to demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
• Able to manage the pressures and complexity of working on multiple diverse projects within a
• Able to play an active role in the IT team and contribute to positive morale.
Your working environment: You will be part of the team working out of our office in Tooting, South West London. We can promise you a very pleasant working environment as well as work on a range of very different projects that will really make a difference in combating poverty and environmental issues.
Your work will cover subject areas ranging from health to agricultural development and climate change.
How to apply: Please click the APPLY button and send a full CV and a covering letter (500 words maximum) explaining why you are the best candidate for this position, setting out your salary
expectations (and stating where you saw our job advert).
Closing date and time: 18.00 (UK time), 29 July 2018.
Interview dates: Interviews will be held at our office 6-8 August 2018