SAP ABAP Senior Consultant
||Surrey County Council
||Kingston Upon Thames
||Surrey County Council
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An opportunity has arisen for an SAP ABAP Senior Consultant within the IT & Digital Technical & Security Team, who are part of the Orbis partnership, which encompasses Surrey County Council, East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council. The purpose of this partnership is to deliver greater value for our councils, residents and customers by increasing efficiencies and exploiting the benefits of sharing people, resources and technology.
The IT & Digital Service of Surrey County Council provides technical expert knowledge and guidance in developing effective business solutions for the County Council Services, to provide for the effective delivery of front line services.
As part of the Technical & Security Team you will help to ensure efficient and effective systems administration of the SAP Estate
• Proven experience with ALE-Idc, Adobe forms, Web dynpro, Interfaces, conversions and reporting
• Capacity to deliver completely autonomous into projects, run projects in parallel;
• Excellent experience in SAP development including use of SAP ABAP workbench, ABAP Objects, Java (or D25) and STDMS) administration, hardware technologies and benchmarking of the same for SAP Applications
• Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system
testing and implementation phases of project.
• Transform business function requirements into technical program specs to code,
test and debug programs
• Undertake performance tuning activities for SAP integration activities
You will be expected to execute assigned Projects as well as Level 2 & 3 Support, Maintenance and Minor Change tasks through providing SAP expertise, advice, guidance.
Responsibilities include prioritising your workload to meet required deadlines, ensuring accurate updates to the team’s call logging systems, and monitoring progress with third parties. You will be encouraged to contribute and develop ideas to enhance efficiency within the service, and find ways to improve processes.
You should be highly literate in the use of IT systems, with excellent communication skills, strong analytical problem solving skills and a proven track record in customer support. You should have a real desire to develop professionally and be able to work well under pressure.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
• Demonstrated experience in SAP related to support, maintenance, and implementation projects.
• Proven knowledge of configuration in DB Backups, DB Refresh, System Copie
• An ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Proven track record of supporting and delivering project work and of providing customer support
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button, We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: 23:59 on 25 June 2018.