||£70000 - £80000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
International Post Production Media company with great offices and facilities in London and Los Angeles are seeking to employ a strong and talented DevOps Lead Engineer who can successfully manage their Rackspace environment in addition to helping the software development pipeline and infrastructure support in their London office.
These are really exciting times for the 5 year old company who are going from strength to strength. The team work in an open collaborative way and the business is constantly evolving with new exciting projects from worldwide household name broadcasting and media streaming clients.
- Lead DevOps operations across all software development environments, and collaborate with management to grow the DevOps team
- Support a multi-national software infrastructure (London and LA) in a 24/7 support model: Dev, Stage, Live
- Engage with Senior Management to plan and implement various IT Infrastructure Projects
- Administrate Private Cloud and Dedicated Hosting environments: AWS, Azure, Rackspace
- Administrate local environments (Dev and Stage): hardware, OS, networking, storage, cabling, backups, etc.
- Wintel Stack: Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10, Office365
- Linux Stack: CentOS, Ubuntu, OpenBSD
- Network Administration: OS Firewalls (Windows/Linux), Hardware Firewalls, Switches, F5 Load Balancers, VIPs, Failover Cluster IPs, Subnetting, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Storage Administration: SAN, LUNs, RAID, File Clusters, SFTP Servers
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all areas of the business
- Act as a conduit between the software and infrastructure teams
- Support mass emailing systems: Mailgun, AWS SES
- Maintain Monitoring Toolsets: Zabbix, AWS Cloudwatch
- Threat Scanning & IDS Hardware: AlertLogic, Cisco Firepower (NGFW)
- Security Refinement: Protocol & Cipher Suite Hardening, Firewall remediation, Code review
- Aid in identifying issues with code that will cause issues in applications, infrastructure or compromise security
- In-depth understanding of X.509 PKI & Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
- App/Web Server Toolsets: IIS, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
- Database Servers: PostgreSQL 9.6, Microsoft SQL Server 2016, MongoDB 3.6
- Support DevOps toolsets: Bamboo, Octopus Deploy, Salt, BitBucket
- Programming Languages - C# .NET/.NET Core, python and MVC
- Automation and scripting skills such as PowerShell, Bash
- Support Virtualisation Platforms - Docker, VMWare, AWS, Azure, Hyper-V
- Strategic Planning: Backup planning, DR Solution Design, Patching Planning
- Engage with Software team to develop specialized application monitoring solution for software development environments
Get in touch with Carl Murphy for more Details!