IT Support Engineer
29th May 2018
£30000 - £35000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
State-of-the-Art Engineering Business within Gloucester, is urgently looking hire an IT Support Engineer for its highly prestigious Customer Support Function.
If you're an IT Support Engineer who is looking to 'cut their teeth' within the IT Support industry, whilst developing your skills within Linux Environments (multiple flavours included - Redhat, Centos or Debian), then this is the role for you.
Exposure to Networking Environments and Networking Protocols (NTP, PTP, and TCP/IP) is also available.
How your day will look;
* Sat within a team of three IT Support Engineers, you will help with in-house IT duties, whether ranging from 1st or 2nd Line Support.
* Regarding Linux environments, you will help will the installation of systems, command lines (whether basic or complex), logins and even restarts.
* Your exposure to Networking Environments and Networking Protocols (NTP, PTP, TCP/IP), will also set you up to assist the team with any issues, which arise within the infrastructure.
The following skills are required. However, the company will not expect you to have outstanding experience within each category, and will help to provide daily support in areas of;
* 1-2 years' experience within Linux Environments (Redhat, Centos, Debian or Ubuntu).
* 1-2 years' experience within an IT Support Role (1st or 2nd Line Support).
* Good communication skills, and confident whilst in the face of customers - this is a must!
* Exposure to Networking Environments and Networking Protocols (NTP, PTP, TCP/IP).
* MySQL experience is highly desirable.
Company Benefits you will receive; Company Bonus, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (Rising to 30 days holiday after every year worked), 5% Contributory Pension, 4x Death in Service & Free Canteen.
If you have the ability to grasp concepts, then you'll make yourself stand out against the crowd.
If you are interested in applying for this IT Support Role, please reply with an updated CV or contact Computer Futures directly.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales