Software Engineer Cyber Security
||£30000 - £33000
||10404008 JZ EN EXT 1-25766542
||Airbus CyberSecurity Offers
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As the European specialist in cyber security, the mission of Airbus' CyberSecurity business is to protect governments, companies and critical infrastructures from cyber threats. Its trusted, high performance security products and services are able to detect, analyse and counter the most advanced cyber attacks.
Is Cyber Security more than just an antivirus protection measure for you? If yes, you are the right person for us!
A vacancy for a Software Engineer Cyber Security has arisen within Airbus CyberSecurity in Newport, South Wales.
As part of the Software Engineering team within Airbus Defence and Space Cyber Security UK you will be developing software for new cryptographic devices and key management systems protecting critically sensitive national and commercial information.
You will have opportunity to grow your skills in software development to meet the demanding standards set by the UK National Cyber Security Centre.
You will contribute across the full development lifecycle for our bespoke cryptographic products, in collaboration with our systems, hardware, FPGA and verification engineers. Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• You will be responsible to the Software Team Lead for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
• You will be responsible for designing, implementing and integrating a software module or component as directed by the Software Team Lead. This will include the production of full design documentation and UML models associated with the software module.
You will need to ensure that
• The software is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards.
• The allocated Work Packages are completed by the job holder within agreed cost, time and quality constraints
• The tools, methodologies and coding standards are appropriately applied to achieve project aims, in line with direction from the team lead.
• The technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
You have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to a degree level in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related subjects
• Several years of experience in Engineering
• Several years of professional experience in hands-on software application development
• Must have be familiar with a number of software development methodologies
• Able to carry out development tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
• Must have experience of software component design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment.
• Must be familiar with process driven software development
• Proficient in C#
• Strong knowledge of the .NET web framework
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
• Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
• Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
• Experience of full project lifecycle
• Experience of Requirements Management
• Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
• Experience of formal software configuration management
• Implementation of embedded real-time software in either C or C++
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
What we offer:
• Challenging tasks in a company with some of the most innovative cyber security technology and services
• Exciting development opportunities and perspectives within Airbus as a global player
• An attractive company pension scheme
• A private healthcare service
• An extensive range of social benefits, such as car options, travel insurance for the whole family, child care service, etc.
• Flexible working time Please apply online for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.