Test Team Leader
||Salary dependent on experience, plus company benefits
As a Test Team Leader, you will be responsible for the effective management of the members of their assigned Software testing team, including allocation of resources and management of projects currently being tested. You will also be responsible for encouraging career development within the team and contributing to the quality of the software produced by identifying product risks through the testing performed.
You will also work as part of an Agile development team as a tester operating within the Scrum framework and will be involved across the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring that Ideagen’s products are delivered to a published roadmap within planned release cycles. You will be actively encouraged to push the boundaries of new technology to ensure that Ideagen choose the most appropriate solutions for delivering its software, enabling testers in the team to progress and meet their own potential, whilst also giving more junior members of the test team the support they need to help them to fulfil their personal development goals.
• Effectively managing the members of the Software Test team in respect of personnel matters including career development
• Ensuring the workload of the team is effectively planned and managed to ensure timely completion of the desired departmental goals and objectives through delegation and support as needed adhering to the companies quality standards and procedures
• To work closely with other test team leaders at Ideagen and maintain good communication links, sharing software testing insights with the rest of the group
• Regularly report team progress to the Group QA Manager and raise concerns in a timely manner
• Test new features across the Ideagen product suite based on a wide range of technologies including Windows, mobile and web services
• Engage with designers and developers to clarify features and functionality
• Be involved in functional and non-functional testing, defect tracking and reporting to senior management
• Liaise with support engineers to help identify issues and known bugs
• Contributing to the Development Team’s working practices and technology decisions
• To provide advice and guidance to others, including internal customers and team members on software testing
• To lead the development of the software testing process
• To proactively seek, communicate and implement improvements to Ideagen’s processes in the workplace and where appropriate apply judgement to challenge and influence the work within the team
• To undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership, management and development of the team to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal goals/objectives
To be considered for this position, you must have:
• At least 3 years’ experience of testing software, ideally in a commercial environment
• Demonstrable experience leading and supporting a team would be highly advantageous
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience of test case/idea generation, test data design and test methodologies
• Excellent observation skills and high attention to detail
• Exploratory testing knowledge and experience
• A willingness to share knowledge and skills with developers; supporting them as they adopt new testing methods and approaches
• The motivation and drive to improve the quality of our products through improved testing methods and approaches
• An awareness of modern test methods and tools
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience
Including management abilities such as;
• Strong organisation skills and the ability to delegate workload to the team in a timely manner
• Behave with integrity and in a respectful manner, making team decisions with fairness
• Excellent communication skills to encourage and motivate team members to meet departmental goals and objectives
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; 34 days’ holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance and many more! For more information, please visit our website.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.