Back End Developer
||£35000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Back End Developer: learn Go
Third Light is seeking a Back End Developer, either a seasoned Gopher or capable back end PHP Developer looking to cross-train to Go, to help deliver sophisticated new product features for release to our Digital Asset Management product - features that will have immediate positive impact for our global user base.
We're a small, but expanding, software development team building an enterprise-level software application with a highly-polished UI using state-of-the art techniques. We employ an iterative, design-led process where everyone on the team gets a say. We are agile and manage our work using a gentle scrum process and encourage a lightweight, productive approach to development.
Your opinion and expertise will be valued from day one.
- Implement workflow and automation microservices to realise intuitive automated channel publishing tools
- Extend image classifier daemon with face recognition tech to allow searching for individuals within the product
- Migrate file metadata handling to a new Go microservice, improving speed and responsiveness for the end user
- Automate orchestration of microservices in our product e.g. exploring Kubernetes
- < your idea here! >
We're looking for:
- Someone who's positive about Go and wishes to learn and embrace this exciting language
- Proven back end coding skills, in a Linux environment e.g. Go, PHP, Erlang, Haskell, Java, Node.js, Python
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining web services, ideally microservices
- Experience with relational databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Someone who may be considering Mid level Back End Developer jobs in Cambridge such as: Go Developer | Go Microservices Developer | Golang Developer | PHP Developer | LAMP Developer etc.
You may bring - or like to gain - skills in any of the following:
- Containers, containers as services and automated container deployment
- Large-scale storage, manipulation and streaming of multimedia
- Machine intelligence, visual recognition or similar numerical computation
- Production experience in systems configuration, monitoring, logging, and metrics gathering
Our current technology mix:
Salary and benefits:
- £35,000 - £50,000+ negotiable
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + public holidays | flexible hours | bicycle and free car parking| on site cafe | good coffee and tea | choice of high end workstation | an adorable Beagle to brighten the office
Third Light is a small, fast-expanding software company based just outside Cambridge. We create products that simplify the organisation and management of digital media files. Our products are used by hundreds of organisations such as the United Nations and Oxford University, brands that include NASCAR, NATO, and Virgin, and not-for-profits such as the Scouts and Guide Dogs. We employ integrity and intelligent thinking to provide well-designed, easy-to-use products and always strive to provide a high quality of customer service.
Located: just outside Cambridge; on the bus route, and commutable from Cambridge city centre, Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Huntingdon, Newmarket, Peterborough, Saffron Walden, St. Neots etc.
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria at techfolk to find out more.
When applying for a role at Third Light, you do not need to include your gender, age, ethnicity or any other personal information. You are welcome to withhold your name, if you wish. You are also welcome to initially register your interest using your LinkedIn profile; doing so will not disadvantage you.
You must be eligible for employment in the UK. Third Light does not qualify to offer work permit sponsorship or transfer.
RECRUITERS: Third Light has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner and cold calling is not welcomed