Firmware Engineer - Acceleration
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As a Firmware Engineer, you will work on the design and implementation of micro engine assembly code for cryptographic and compression acceleration. Working with Intel Shannon DCG/NPG Software development team, you will deliver leading edge enterprise and communications platforms that will enable tomorrow's Data Center infrastructure and accelerate cloud computing adoption from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices.You will be based in Shannon, Co. Clare, Ireland as a member of a talented team of software engineers with a broad range of experience. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with multi-site projects, working on cutting edge hardware. You will enjoy a world class work environment and you will be empowered to full fill your greatest ambitions.
- Honours degree in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 3 years software development experience.
- Low Level Assembly Programming, Testing and Debugging.
- Strong understanding of microcontroller architecture.
- Good understanding of Intel Architecture/x86 or other multi-core processor.
- Embedded software/firmware development.
- Discipline and maturity to develop quality deliverables at all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multisite team.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn.
- Track record of innovation and continuous improvement.
The following skills would be an advantage:
- Experience in Cryptography e.g. Confidentiality, Integrity, Public Key Cryptography
- Experience in Compression e.g. DEFLATE, LZS
- Experience with Intel QuickAssist Technology
- Performance analysis and optimisation
- Knowledge of Linux operating system, Linux Device driver development and how to optimize for performance.
- Experience in standard design methodologies e.g. UML
- Networking technologies e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP, IPSec .
- Agile Software development methodology experience.
- Real-Time Software development
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming, especially in developing multi-core or multi-threaded software
- Open Source Software Development
- Virtualization technologies e.g. KVM, XEN, QEMU, VMWARE
- Source control management tools e.g. GIT
- Experience of interacting with Customers.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies"spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions"that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.