Portfolio Planning and Interdependencies Manager
||Save the Children
||Up to £58,000 per annum
||Save the Children
We are currently recruiting for a Portfolio Planning and Interdependencies Manager to join us in our London office. We currently have a portfolio of c10 ‘High Performing Organization’ (HPO) projects with a value of c$20m whose benefits will be truly transformational, and ensure that we move forward as more efficient and effective organisation better able to meet our ambitions for the most marginalised and deprived children globally.
As our Portfolio Planning and Interdependencies Manager you will:
• Take ownership for the integrated planning for the whole HPO portfolio: maintaining and validating accurate and up-to-date project delivery timelines through input from the individual project plans; ensuring and overseeing the identification and monitoring of the interdependencies, risks and issues and actively driving their management and resolution with the individual project teams.
• Be the key connection between the Project Managers and Portfolio Management team to ensure there is ownership for information on the integrated plan and clear accountability for delivery against the plan.
• Ensure that resource estimates are in place to deliver the agreed plans and create a consolidated view of the total demand for resources.
• Work with IT to provide an overall view of demand and ensure that resources can be allocated at the right time for project delivery.
• Define and oversee robust and structured change control procedures for all initiatives that impact portfolio planning.
• Provide visibility to the leadership team of the portfolio’s status, risks and issues and plans.
In order to be successful in this role you will have/bring;
• Significant prior experience with a multi-million portfolio and/or in project/programme management of high value, big impact, complex projects/programmes, within an international environment
• Proven experience of managing/enabling IT projects to be delivered on time, on budget and to quality
• Proven experience in, and detailed knowledge of, project management practices, standards and methodologies.
• Demonstrable experience in the active use of portfolio management tools.
• Experienced at building detailed content knowledge and using this to influence planning activities and decisions.
• Strong leadership skills, including using assertiveness and persuasion to influence senior leaders
• Able to demonstrate instances of initiative that have delivered organisational benefits
• Experienced in analysing and extracting top level information to be shared with senior stakeholders.
This role offers a competitive package in the context of the sector, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance, and 30 days annual leave.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button.