Systems Operations Manager
||£45,000 - £49,000
As part of our expansion of the Digital and Technology division we are looking for an experienced Cloud Operations Engineer, who has significant experience in the deployment and management of applications & infrastructure within public cloud (AWS / Azure), orchestration, configuration management and automation techniques.
This role will require the post-holder to manage public cloud applications & infrastructure ensuring networking, security, capacity planning and performance are managed effectively and appropriately across Age UK.
• Responsible for the continuous improvement of Age UK’s DevOps processes
• Contribute to a technology strategy adopting a cloud first approach to infrastructure and hosting
• Provide 2nd / 3rd line support for application and infrastructure issues
• Oversee third-party SaaS and PaaS operations
• Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues, working with external suppliers and developers
• Develop and manage processes, procedures, technical designs and system documentation
• To monitor systems and solutions, creating reporting processes to allow the business to evaluate performance and utilisation of services
• To ensure that Age UK is compliant with Data Protection / GDPR policies on data access
• Broad experience in IT or application development
• Hands-on experience with AWS, including AWS Certification strongly preferred
• Cost optimization on AWS
• Managing IT services in a ITIL environment.
• Microsoft technologies
• Managing and supporting applications and infrastructure in a complex IT environment.
• Working with both internal teams and outsource suppliers.
Skills & Knowledge
• Continuous Integration tooling such as Jenkins or Bamboo, and development tooling, including Jira and Git
• Configuration management tooling such as Chef or Puppet
• Orchestration tooling such as Terraform or CloudFormation
• ADFS / SAML integration and Active Directory / LDAP
• REST based web services
• MS SQL and MySQL experience
• Developing and supporting shared services
• Windows system administration, ideally including PowerShell scripting
• Windows Server, IIS, DFS, AD
• Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
• Application operations, including Incident, Change, Security and Capacity Management
• Understanding of software development lifecycle / agile processes
• Good understanding of application-level networking (Layer 3 and above)
• Experience of working with both internal teams and outsource suppliers
• Good communicator with strong negotiation and influencing, especially where communicating technical issues or solutions to non-technical colleagues
Occasional travel to sites outside of London to enable performance of the duties and responsibilities and for the purposes of maintaining and updating professional skills and development.
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button!