Software Delivery Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Software Delivery Engineer
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled team of Software Delivery engineers providing technical Infrastructure support to Central and Regional UK Government users. The role will require a flexible working ethic and a pragmatic approach to IT Support, they will have second/third line support background, and have good customer service and communication skills
Description of Role
* Management of software changes within associated application delivery solutions (SMS, HPCA, App-V, Citrix Xenapp, Appsense).
* Distribution & Activation of software applications / patches / hotfixes. Targeting Workstations, Laptops, windows Servers SMS, HPCA, MSI installation.
* Creation and management of Citrix PVS managed Gold build images.
* Manage the control of software application pilots & regressions as part of the distribution process where necessary.
* Generation of software distribution & installation status reports.
* Perform system health checks, status monitoring of SMS, HPCA, App-V, Citrix, Appsense hierarchy
* Attend relevant release meetings as required.
* Establish complete and accurate documentation of Local work instructions as required.
Role Specific Technical Skills
* Microsoft SCCM/SMS 2003
* Windows Deployment Server
* SQL Awareness and basic T-SQL ability
* Active Directory & Domain Architecture
* DHCP & DNS awareness
* App-v 4.6
* Appsense DesktopNow
* Citrix XenServer, XenApp, XenDesktop
* VB Scripting Skills / Powershell awareness and/or scripting ability
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May hold entry-level or intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 2-5 years of relevant experience
Essential Knowledge and Skills Required:
* Working knowledge and usage of software delivery and image deployment technologies (HPCA/SCCM/SMS).
* Working knowledge of AppSense (Environment Manager, Application Manager, User Personalization)
* Citrix Xenapp 5 and Citrix Xenapp 6.5 configuration and end user support.
* Desktop and Server based OS knowledge (Win7 / W2K3 / W2k8 etc)
* General Networking awareness associated with standard 2nd / 3rd line desktop support exposure.
* Understanding of Microsoft AD managed domains and associated services e.g. DNS, DHCP
* Understanding of technology within in direct responsibility
* General understanding of related technologies
* Customer Service
* Candidates should possess Disclosure Scotland/current BPSS clearance or be willing to undertake appropriate security vetting to achieve
* Candidates should be UK national, no dual nationals should apply
Desirable skills and knowledge/certifications
* Any Microsoft/Citrix/VMWare/Appsense certification
* VMware / HPCA / App-V / SCCM